Any good healthy lunch ideas?

amer90
amer90 Posts: 15
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
No sandwiches though, I am eating Subway for dinner tonight.

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Hey there!! I have lots of great ideas on my flickr food stream. I started it a while back when people I know ask me about wha I eat. You can find a link to it on m blog below. Or go to flickr and look me up. (raeannesisson)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    I make flatbread pizza. I take a "flat out flat bread" and crisp it in the oven. I spray it with olive oil no stick spray first. I put a few TBS of pizza or spaghetti sauce on it and then load it up with veggies. I bake it until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. I use about 1/2 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese to cover the whole top. You wouldn't have to use this much cheese though, I am just a cheese hog. I put mushrooms, and two types of squash on it and the whole thing has 305 calories and I can only eat half of one at a time.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Bump... I'm curious as well. I only have access to a microwave at work and I'm getting tired of Lean Cuisines.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    My fave lunch is done in an oven so I might not be that much help but I use 2 low carb tortillas and fill them w/cheese and veggies. Super filling. I use different cheese/veg combos, sometimes dip them in salsa etc. Today was ff mozzerella, some parm cheese, tomatoes, spinach and basil.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    I had a yummy lunch today, sliced carrots, celery and grilled wholemeal pitta bread with some houmous for dipping =)
  • I like crackers with tuna/chicken salad and soups. Add some fruit for dessert!
This discussion has been closed.