Exercise to get rid of back boobs?

Options
Hi all,

Anyone know any exercises I could do at home to get rid of those dreaded back boobs please?? - I hate the gym and would rather work out at home, any ideas welcome!

Cheers :-)

Replies

• Chemdee
    Chemdee Posts: 4
    Options
    Ah the dreaded back boobs. Got em...trying to lose them. Most fitness professionals will tell you that you cannot "spot lose" fat off areas of the body. The key is to do cardio to burn fat from everywhere. Combining your cardio workouts with strength training, particularly in the large muscle groups like your back, and you will lose fat AND shape your body to be revealed when you do.

Hope that helps!

Chemdee
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    BUMP LOL!!! I noticed mine just started to disappear as i lost weight. there like small little Acups now lol!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. She uses hand weights and you do lots of "rows" in the 3 levels. That is a great exercise for the back flab. Also, the whole workout is only like 26 minutes!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    no specific exercise... just lose the weight... ;(
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    TurboFire Upper 20 IN ADDITION TO....Cardio!!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting helps...start with small weights and work your way up...don't just stop at 10 lbs.....I use 20-25lbs. Also try HIIT. (High Intensity Interval Training.) Go all out on cardio for 30 seconds, then recover for 90 seconds. Repeat. You have to blast fat all over to get results, not just one specific area.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Very true....you cannot spot reduce. It's all about burning the fat through cardio and weight lifting. Muscle burns fat so you have to include weights. As you lose weight, those areas will continue to go away, but the area can be flabby if you do not replace it with muscle.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    You cant spot reduce but you can build some muscle any back exercises, push ups will help you out lat pull downs, and TONS of cardio!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    cardio helps with all... you cannot spot reduce... but making your back stronger helps. Try the "banana rolls" from p90x. lay on your stomach and hold a superman-like position(arms outstreached legs straight back off the floor only Belly touching the ground) for 5 sec then roll to left side (same superman type pose through out) hold for 5 - right side 5sec and back in a banana-type position and repeat for 2 full rotations Keeping all muscles tight (back/ glutes-when on belly. and abs when on back)

Hope i described that well enough ... its a great move and i feel so tight all over after doing a couple of them
    Remember to keep neck relaxed as possible always looking straight ahead.

Happy losing!
    Feel free to add
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    OMG...thought I was the only one with Back Boobs LOL. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30ds with good results. Would be better if I did it everyday. You may want to look into buying the video ($10 at Target) since you prefer to workout at home. Best of luck to ya!
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    BUMP LOL!!! I noticed mine just started to disappear as i lost weight. there like small little Acups now lol!

Love it haha, well done on the A cups!! ;-) xx
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Basically, if you lose weight in general it will come off, but if you want to be extra good use target exercises for the latissimus dorsi muscles (back).
    http://www.divine.ca/en/exercise-finder/c_266_i_68/one-arm-row-1.html
    http://www.divine.ca/en/exercise-finder/c_266_i_69/lat-pulldown-with-exercise-band-1.html
    http://www.divine.ca/en/exercise-finder/c_266_i_104/weight-pass-around-1.html

These are a good place to start.
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    I was afraid you was all going to say that! Boo!! ;-P

I walk all the time and burn cals off that way and I really enjoy it - I shall carry on doing that for the meantime. I have lost 9lbs in 2 weeks so I can't be doing too bad :-)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    no specific exercise... just lose the weight... ;(

I agree. I have lost 25 pounds, they have been gone for a little while now.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for nearly 2 months & have seen a big improvement in the back bulges. My main exercises are walking, cycling and swimming. I think it's the swimming.
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    I've been on here for nearly 2 months & have seen a big improvement in the back bulges. My main exercises are walking, cycling and swimming. I think it's the swimming.

Yes same here I've only been doing it a couple of weeks and although I'm slightly slimmer I can see no big changes yet, must keep pushing on! :-) x