Tips for beginner?

Options
A long term goal for me is running a marathon. I can't even WALK a mile without feeling faint, so I am way way beginner. Any tips for beginning? Should I start walking, then running? Or what?

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    A long term goal for me is running a marathon. I can't even WALK a mile without feeling faint, so I am way way beginner. Any tips for beginning? Should I start walking, then running? Or what?
  • BeccaBu
    Options
    I would definitely start walking slow and then gradually speed up the pace. After that, start with a short jog and so on.
  • kylie_284
    Options
    I would start by walking a distance say 5km, when you feel comfortable with that, run for 2 minutes walk for 10 minutes, and keep increasing the running amount until you are running the whole thing. This is the advice a running coach gave me, also to buy shoes a little big for your feet so when your feet swell you wont have sore feet after the run. Good luck, I have been doing this myself and I feel so good, the days when I dont go I feel like im missing something. Good Luck hope it helps
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Ok thanks for the tips!
  • ironweber717
    Options
    brisk walk for no less that 3 months. The start a walk/run program till you can run the entire time. Then work towards that marathon.