need to vent..am i wrong for feeling this way

Options
124»

Replies

• Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I would say that you are being a bit too hard on your friend. She has very legitimate reasons for not working out with you. It's not like she's just sitting around doing nothing. It's also really hard for some(a lot) people to find the true motivation to make such a big change in their lives. I think you should give her a break and try to be more understanding. Maybe she's just not ready.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Situations change so I wouldn't be mad at my friend. You don't need a personal trainer to get fit!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I have found out on my quest to get healthier that people will do anything else with you regularly but working out is not one of them. I have had buddies come and go and in the end I usually end up alone.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    2) you can't expect other people to hold your hand through this. Your friend had good intentions but she's fallen. It happens. It's happened to all of us and while it's frustrating, making her feel worse won't help either of you. Try making new friends at the gym. Failing that load up your ipod with very good very loud music and ignore everyone around you.

Definitely true. I started this journey with the intention of having several friends with me. It's hard to get people together to go to the gym, they want to cheat on their diet when you don't, you want to cheat when they don't.
    Well, all my friends dropped out, I stuck with it.
    Do this for yourself!!
    You do not need a friend's support to help you through this, nor is it an excuse to quit, since you are doing this for yourself! We all have life stuff come up in the way, and you have to roll with it as it comes.