But I'm not hungry

Options
I find myself not hungry..... I eat my meals but I am under on calories. I shoot for 1200. I workout hard I don't eat back my exercise calories (don't care not doing it) But I changed my meal plan to eat 4 times a day three meals one snack four hours a part... but I don't want to eat when meal time comes I would rather not. I am not starving I just... don't feel like eating. Anyone else going through this?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yep certain days I eat more then others, If Im not hungry Im not forcing myself to eat, If Im super hungry I try to ingest more protein and fiber but as long as Im within 200 cals over Im not beating myself up.... even over I dont beat myself up I just change my mentality and try again tomorrow
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    On days that I work out I find that I don't really want to eat much. As long as you feel OK and still have plenty of energy I would worry about it..
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I go through that and i find that even if im not hungry i will at lest have something with me so that if i do get hungry I have a good go to and the drive through is not as tempting
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    You're aiming for the lowest possible calorie intake and you're not eating back your exercise calories. You are starving yourself. Your lack of appetite is related to this severe reduction of nutrients, energy and vitamins. Your body is likely shutting down.

I could be wrong of course. I am not a doctor nor a certified nutritionist. I do strongly urge you to contact either one to discuss your situation.
  • Myssrenee
    Myssrenee Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes I've been through this too...Actually its gotten to the point that I don’t eat meals at work i just brings snacks like pretzels and fruit, because I don't get that hungry...Another factor is that it’s HOT when I get hot I don’t eat much. As far as the calories go, i try to eat as much as I can but I have been WAYYY under my calories. My goal is 1650 I have NEVER reached the goal. I think the most I ate last week was 1260 in a day. And I have also found that since starting MFP my stomach doesn’t hold as much food as before, and I don’t desire it like I used to. It’s a normal thing I believe, just eat what you feel you want to eat...you may have days where you feel you want to eat the back of a horses tail lol but it’s all in the fun of losing weight. :happy:
  • Mathildasmom
    Mathildasmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There could be several reasons why you are not hungry. It could be stress, the need to add more fiber to your diet, or simply eating less but more often. I had the same problem when I first started, I just wasn't hungry. I get hungry now and try and keep a small healthy snack close at hand. The main thing is when you do get real hungry not to binge. I don't often eat into my burn off calories either. :smile:
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    Try to eat less but more often, your metablism has probs slowed down as you are not eating enough energy.. eating little and often will speed it back up and you'll go back to being hungry again.