Jogging Stroller Help!

My husband and I recently started running. We run about 3 miles 2-3 times a week and run a 5k once or twice a month. We aren't super serious or fast.
I have a baby boy who will be 6 months old in a few weeks, so he is big enough to ride in a jogging stroller. I am overwhelmed by all of the choices for a jogging stroller and just need some help deciding on which one is the best.
Apparently BOB strollers are top of line, but a $400 stroller just isn't in our budget, lol. So if there is something good that is under $200, please let me know!

Replies

• VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Have you looked on craigslist? I don't know about your area but there are a ton of them for sale in San Diego.
  • geewizzamanda357
    geewizzamanda357 Posts: 36 Member
    I am in Mississippi. And seeing as we are the fattest state in the nation (as a recent post pointed out), I haven't had any luck finding one, lol.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    We have a BOB Rev and it's worth every penny, so I second the idea of looking at Craigslist to see if you can find one in your budget.

Otherwise, I have a friend with the Baby Trend jogger and she likes it. It might not be able to keep up with your running long-term, but it will do the job.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Baby Jogger. They're amazing. Don't know what they're going for these days, but if you can nab one, new or used, you'll never regret it. Great handling/tracking, comfortable for the child, lots of cargo room, nice shade protection, and huge tires.

Above all else, get the jogging stroller with the largest sized tires you can find. Large tires not only act as shock absorbers, but they also make the jogger easier to push. Not sure now, but I think B-Jog's used to come in as large as 20 inch tires. Gold Standard. Our very old B-Jogger is 16 inch, and they're sweet. Anything smaller is crap.

I hope this helps.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    I see quite a few on MS CL and I have to agree with trijoe about the Babyjogger, that's what I used when my kids were little. It had the big bicycle tires and was very easy to use, the newer ones seem to be more like a stroller and they look very heavy. The Babyjogger weighed almost nothing. If you do get one ALWAYS wear the wrist strap.
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    I have an Instep Safari Double, and I LOVE IT. I ordered it from Walmart.com, and in total (including shipping) I paid $175. The Instep Safari has a front wheel that can be a swivel or locked, so you can use it as a regular stroller as well (which is what we do). I did a quick search on Walmart.com, and here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=instep+safari&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0 .
  • geewizzamanda357
    geewizzamanda357 Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for all your help! I checked CL again and saw a post from today that I am looking into. The other ones are too far away or are already sold. I have been calling consignment shops for 3 weeks now looking for one. That's why I decided to just buy a new one,I am tired of looking everyday! The reviews on almost every stoller have been half horrible and half great, except for the super expensive BOB!