Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My hubby calls mine flames lol
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    One day when I was sharing the bathroom with my husband he asked me what where those marks on my stomach (mind you i've never been pregnant and he knows that). I replied they are stretch marks. He then says to me "Were you ever pregnant?". My jaw dropped to the floor. It made me feel awful. They had never really bothered me until that moment. I told him that it was because I got fat since i've been with him and stormed out. Thank you for posting this it made me feel better. Your wife is lucky you think that way

Excuse me, but what an a**hole!!!:angry:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    One day when I was fussing about stretch marks and saying I would have to swim in shorts forevermore instead of the bathing suit I was staring at in the mirror, my oldest son smiled at me and said, "What stretch marks? All I see is tiger stripes and they look great on you, Mom!"

::purrrrrr::

OMG adorable!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    There's a record on stretch marks? I bet I hold that title. I can't even count all mine on my stomach. I guess that's what happens when you go from 115 - 170 in 9 months. :grumble: :sad:
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Love this!

• keith0373
    Options
    There's a record on stretch marks? I bet I hold that title. I can't even count all mine on my stomach. I guess that's what happens when you go from 115 - 170 in 9 months. :grumble: :sad:

And I am sure your hubby barely notices!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options

I have a TON. They run from my pelvic bone to my breasts and pick back up on them. Arms? Check. Thighs? Check. You get the point. Whenever I mention them my husband says "What stretch marks? You hardly have any and what you do you can barely see." Thank goodness for sweet husbands! :love:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

I have a TON. They run from my pelvic bone to my breasts and pick back up on them. Arms? Check. Thighs? Check. You get the point. Whenever I mention them my husband says "What stretch marks? You hardly have any and what you do you can barely see." Thank goodness for sweet husbands! :love:
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet. What a lucky woman your wife is. I'm still single and every one of my boyfriends in the past 10 years has made a comment on my stretch marks. I've been asked "were you pregnant"? by at least 2 of them. One was even kind enough to point out that I had marks on the underside of my arm. Up until that point I had no idea they were there. Men are very picky these days because the media insists on touching up any blemish, mark, scar a woman has. When younger guys (around 25-30) see stretch marks, they are taken aback because that's not what a "normal" woman looks like. Ugh. Don't get me started. Very nice post!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    My hubby is not fussed about my stretch marks. I think im more bothered than he is. Some have faded with time, new ones are on my belly post baby which im hoping will also fade. :-)
  • keith0373
    Options
    That's so sweet. What a lucky woman your wife is. I'm still single and every one of my boyfriends in the past 10 years has made a comment on my stretch marks. I've been asked "were you pregnant"? by at least 2 of them. One was even kind enough to point out that I had marks on the underside of my arm. Up until that point I had no idea they were there. Men are very picky these days because the media insists on touching up any blemish, mark, scar a woman has. When younger guys (around 25-30) see stretch marks, they are taken aback because that's not what a "normal" woman looks like. Ugh. Don't get me started. Very nice post!

Not cool. You are a very pretty lady!
  • colormyworld33
    Options
    I don't know how she could possibly be upset that you said that! I for one am relieved to hear such things, since I've gained some over the years from weight gain/loss, and it really is a constant mind battle! Thanks!! :)
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. They are definitely battle scars for me. Even though my DH never says anything about them, I still know they are there and how they got there. Most of mine are from a very difficult pregnancy, emergency c-section and then 50 lb weight gain due to post partum depression.
  • keith0373
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. They are definitely battle scars for me. Even though my DH never says anything about them, I still know they are there and how they got there. Most of mine are from a very difficult pregnancy, emergency c-section and then 50 lb weight gain due to post partum depression.

It is a tough thing to deal with for women. I have them too, but my belly is fuzzy. Not a good look on a girl. I also ahve massive ones on my legs from running. My thighs are massive. 32 inch waist, 36 inches across my butt, and 40+ inches across the thickest part of my legs. The price of being a runner.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    That's good to know. Now if only every guy thought like you... the world would be a better place :)
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This made me smile, thanks. :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Many of us guys could care less about stretch marks. They are usually scars earned by some sort of tough battle, either with weight, or bearing a child. My wife (Perkymeli here) has a few (don't tell her I said that in public) and I think they are Hot!

you are a sweet heart i wonder if most guys feel this way
  • keith0373
    Options
    Many of us guys could care less about stretch marks. They are usually scars earned by some sort of tough battle, either with weight, or bearing a child. My wife (Perkymeli here) has a few (don't tell her I said that in public) and I think they are Hot!

you are a sweet heart i wonder if most guys feel this way

Who knows? I'm 38, so I a have grown a bit of sense. Not much, but a bit.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    One day when I was sharing the bathroom with my husband he asked me what where those marks on my stomach (mind you i've never been pregnant and he knows that). I replied they are stretch marks. He then says to me "Were you ever pregnant?". My jaw dropped to the floor. It made me feel awful. They had never really bothered me until that moment. I told him that it was because I got fat since i've been with him and stormed out. Thank you for posting this it made me feel better. Your wife is lucky you think that way

Excuse me, but what an a**hole!!!:angry:

ugh, no kidding...and btw, men get em too. I had a friend who took off his shirt and his belly was covered with them.