Need to lose 50 lbs by the end of 2011

Options
I have been eating healthy and working out since March and so far I have lost 27 pounds. I really want to lose another 50 lbs by the end of this year. Any tips on how to stay healthy and be able to reach my goal by December 2011.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Log your foods, stay at your calorie goals for the day and continue to work out. It's worked for me, I've lost nearly 30 lbs since May.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Warning: The closer you get to where you want to be, the harder it is to lose. Remember to switch things up.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Whether this is possible or not depends on a few things. How much you need to lose, if 50lbs is the end all be all of weight loss for you, you're going to find the end part hard.

I've lost 68lbs since last August, and had no plateaus (averages out to 1.3lbs a week).

So if I were you I would shoot for the 1-2lbs a WEEK loss and set mini-goals for yourself and see how it works out and don't be disappointed if it takes you a little longer than you expect. Since that would be a little more than 2lbs a week average to reach that goal. While early on there were weeks I lost more than 2lbs it slows down as you get closer to your goal. The last 15lbs will probably take me til Xmas to finish now.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Consider cutting out all drinks other than water and unsweetened teas.
  • CynGetsThin
    Options
    Tips: Don't quit. Treat each day like a new day. Stay motivated with MFP!
  • VanillaSky72
    VanillaSky72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well I take livertone pills to clean and maintain my liver. I go to liverdoctor.com. If your liver is bogged down or fatty, you wont process foods correctly and will just gain weight or have a hard time losing. The foods now a days are full of preservatives. Get away from them and substitue things liks almond milk for dairy milk, organic bread for regular bread, drink fruit smoothies in the morning.....These are some things that I do.