Mexican restaurant "good" food ideas?

Options
I'm going out with the girls for Mexican tomorrow evening. The place we're going to has no nutritional info available. Any ideas of some smart Mexican choices to pick and to stay away from?? Thanks!

Replies

• kendallalissa
    Options
    I'm going out with the girls for Mexican tomorrow evening. The place we're going to has no nutritional info available. Any ideas of some smart Mexican choices to pick and to stay away from?? Thanks!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I asked this question awhile back and got some great answers...

here's the thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20475-what-can-i-order-at-a-mexican-restaurant?hl=Mexican#posts-178221
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I think fajitas, no? Lettuce and tomatoes-- easy on the sour cream and all those things-- and a flour tortilla wouldn't be so bad. And definitely a margarita-- it has lime juice in it-- that's a fruit!! Or maybe sangria-- also a fruit!!! oregonian_winesmiley.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    I think fajitas, no? Lettuce and tomatoes-- easy on the sour cream and all those things-- and a flour tortilla wouldn't be so bad. And definitely a margarita-- it has lime juice in it-- that's a fruit!! Or maybe sangria-- also a fruit!!! oregonian_winesmiley.gif

NEGATORY on the margarita. Take it from an (ex) margarita junkie. Minimum 500 calories. Have tequila and orange juice if you have to drink, there is no added sugar, and ask for it in a small glass. Red wine is the best if you HAVE to drink, but try to keep it to one 6 oz glass daily when you are in calorie deficit (losing weight). Beer is bad, too=carbs. I like a salad with crumbled tortilas (corn tortillas) and salsa and chicken with a little bit of dressing (one tablespoon) all on the salad. Add avocado for good fat.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Mmmm, did someone say mexican food!

That is all the input I have for tonight.... I am soo wanting to eat everything. :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, did someone say mexican food!

That is all the input I have for tonight.... I am soo wanting to eat everything. :drinker:

Back away from the Mexican food, missy. :glasses:
  • Marla64
    Options

NEGATORY on the margarita. Take it from an (ex) margarita junkie. Minimum 500 calories. Have tequila and orange juice if you have to drink, there is no added sugar, and ask for it in a small glass. Red wine is the best if you HAVE to drink, but try to keep it to one 6 oz glass daily when you are in calorie deficit (losing weight). Beer is bad, too=carbs. I like a salad with crumbled tortilas (corn tortillas) and salsa and chicken with a little bit of dressing (one tablespoon) all on the salad. Add avocado for good fat.

:sad: :sad: :sad: I want a margarita-- I need a margarita.:sad: :sad:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    MMMM Mexican burritos, wait doesn't help you :sad: :sad:

I need a burrito:sad: :sad:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    mmm, MEXICAN FOOD! drool... drool

My parents are coming Friday night for my birthday and I have to choose where we are going... my dad loves mexican food... I love Chimichanga's but (they don't love me calorie-wise):laugh:

Moral of my storie... don't choose Chimichangas...BAD very Bad.:sad:
  • Marla64
    Options
    mmm, MEXICAN FOOD! drool... drool

My parents are coming Friday night for my birthday and I have to choose where we are going... my dad loves mexican food... I love Chimichanga's but (they don't love me calorie-wise):laugh:

Moral of my storie... don't choose Chimichangas...BAD very Bad.:sad:

Amunet-- there you are, young lady-- I have a bone to pick with you! You mentioned your parents coming yesterday-- I told my little joke about needing the hit the sauce if I found out MY parents were coming-- and NOW THEY'RE COMING!!! My mom anyway-- she called an hour after the thread began-- and she's visiting on Thursday from South Carolina. It's all your fault for starting that dumb ol' thread, anyway-- :grumble: :angry: :mad:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    refried beans mmmmmm :wink:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    OMG now I am craving enchiladas, lol. I think fajitas minus the sour cream are always a good choice. Grilled chicken, and veggies. not toooo bad
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy breakfast, eat a healthy lunch. Get in as much exercise as you can. EAT WHAT YOU WANT FOR DINNER WITH YOUR FOLKS!! Enjoy life!! :drinker: One meal won't do you in. (Just restrict that thinking to this ONE MEAL.)

Have a blast!!! :drinker:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    chicken tortilla soup- tell them no chips or cheese on top. Make sure it's the broth based kind. Really good and high in fiber/ protien with the beans and chicken. Very yummy- it's my staple when we go to Mexican food.