Sedentary/Lightly Active

Which one am I? I am a stay at home mom half of the time and I am also a caregiver to my mom ( i do alot of cleaning and stuff for her). I have it set at Lightly Active, because I don't feel like I sit on my bum all day!!!

What is yours set at and why?:)

Replies

• _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    I am a stay at home mother with an infant and a toddler. I put lightly active, as I am up and playing with them and taking them to the park etc.
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    im a stay at home mom also of a 2 year old but i put sedentary b/c Im not on my feet most of the day even though i do exercise and we play and read books. etc
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    I would say lightly active, but dont be log the cleaning unless you do something major
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    I have Lightly active. Desk job..but 3 kiddos that keep me busy!
  • I would say lightly active, but dont be log the cleaning unless you do something major

I never do:)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Lightly active for me, mum of 3, busy throughout the day, cleaning, shopping, school runs, laundry, running errands, playing, cooking etc etc :bigsmile:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I was told to put mine down as moderately active.

As im a carer for my wife, most of my day is pretty sedentary, but i play league badminton 3 nights a week, league bowling following by dancing one night, and circuit training on another night.

Still not sure if that counts as moderately active though...

Gotta get me a HRM...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I have a desk job and am set at sedentary.

My husband is a SAHD and is set at lightly active because between the munchkin and daily housekeeping he's always on the move.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I just changed mine from Sedentary to Lightly Active. I had chosen Sedentary because it said to use that if you had a desk job. But I just started feeling like I was too hungry and weak, especially now that I am getting in regular exercise.
  • marybsalmon
    marybsalmon Posts: 46 Member
    I've read several times the following. So I have mine set at Lightly Active because my work is either at a desk or in a car or sitting doing an insurance enrollment. However, I work out about 5 times a week so I split it down the middle (since it says light exercise 1-3 days/wk).

Here is a rough way to calculate your TDEE. Take your BMR and multiply it according to your activity level

Activity Multiplier
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)