Vacation Survival! Help!

KayaSamantha
KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
I am going on a family vacation tomorrow to our cabin. My family has pretty decent eating habits as a whole and we will be cooking everything and not going out to eat. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to survive the inevitable desserts and homemade goodies that I love (unfortunately). I am also kinda panicking about not really being 100% in control of what's available as I am a bit OCD and plan out everything I eat the night before generally and have been able to control exactly what is in my fridge. Thanks!

Replies

• jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    I'm going on vacation at the end of august and am really nervous because even though we cook at the beach house, we are cooking for a large amount of people and the recipes are not mine. So, what I've tried to do in years past is to keep my breakfast and lunch in control with things I know, like yogurt, cereal, eggs, sandwich for lunch or something. Trying to keep my calories fairly low so that I have more for dinner because that's when all the good stuff comes out. And at dinner I will try to take a little bit of everything but not huge portions. And have dessert! You're on vacation, some treats now and then are okay!

I'm also going to try to go for a quick run each morning and we have a ton of stairs in the house we rent so up and down the stairs all day definitely helps burn some extra calories!

The worst part for me is all the yummy drinks we have! That's where I really get in trouble!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Bump! I just got back from vacation and gained 5 pounds, I need to learn how to NOT repeat this for my vegas vacation!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    I think definitely control what you can..and if you cant control dinner..I am going to assume you can control some..Eat raw veggies and salads BEFORE anything else..so that way you arent trying to find foods on an empty stomach.. take bite size portions of what looks good..and the same for dessert..

You should be good from there..oh ..and dont forget to burn some calories..
  • smonty88
    smonty88 Posts: 10 Member
    Great Topic!!!! I'm going to Venice next Tuesday and im so scared about the calories I could rack up! It's stressing me out, i've just started and i dont want to come back and have to start again!! Help!!!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Thanks! I am definitely going to be swimming and hiking daily but I know how delicious my family's food is :S. I am going to try controlling my breakfast and lunch and then eating my salads/veggies before I take anything else at dinner. Good luck to everyone who is going away!
This discussion has been closed.