Trick to the Miracle Noodles

Options
First try: I rinsed the angel hair pasta in hot water, then let them steep in boiling water for a few moments. Drained them and patted dry. Threw them into a pan with some light oil, pan fried them with some soy sauce and some coriander power. YUCK! Back to the pan, added some other spices including hot madras curry, cayenne pepper, and more soy.... little bit better, but I felt uneasy for the next few hours.

My first experiment with Miracle Noodles was horrible and I almost sent them all back. After reading a bit more about them, and learning some new stuff, I decided to give them a second chance.

Second try: I used the rice with a yakisoba dish. I boiled the rice while cooking a boneless diced chicken breast in sesame oil. Added some onion, cabbage, carrot, and continued to sautee. The rice boiled for about 7 mins, then I rinsed the rice, and refilled the pot and boiled them again. Meanwhile, the chicken/cabbage is still cooking. Added some soy sauce and continued to stir fry. Drained the rice, added to the chicken/cabbage, mixed it well, and served. Not bad at all.

Third try: Did the same as above with the fettuccini noodles. They were a little long for yakisoba, but they did well and absorbed the soy sauce and flavor.

This evening, fourth try: Feeling more adventurous to really test this noodle out... i took one package of the fettuccini, and boiled it twice. Second time, just draining the noodles well with a fine mesh strainer. Threw them back into the pot with 1/4 cup measured (1 serving) of Ragu Alfredo sauce. Put the pot on med/low to heat up the alfredo. 3 mins, then to a bowl. Added 2tsp of Kraft shredded parmesan/romano cheese on top. OMG!!! 130 calories, 2 carbs, 12 fat, 3 protein, 435 sodium. And not a bad dish at all.

The trick is to double boil the Miracle Noodle. Double boil.... and no, I don't work for them... Active duty military, Air Force. Good luck with your noodles!!!

Replies

• emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just ordered these today! I'll definitely try the double boiling trick. Thanks!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sound likes it was a military operation just to work out how to make them ateable!

Do they taste the same as vermicelli/mung bean strands?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Wow, all I do is rinse them in cold water, pour really hot water over them, dry then and then serve them under a saucy dish.
  • vancouveritegirl
    Options
    The best way to use miracle noodles or shiritaki noodles is not in an italian pasta dish, but an asian stirfry. Use the noodles with black bean sauce, or teryaki (something along those lines) and it will taste amazing! I am not so sure I would ever substitute them in an alfredo dish as the texture and taste of shiritaki reminds me of rice noodles... nothing could ever replace real fettucini or tortellini! However if it works out for you let us know!
  • danbabcock
    danbabcock Posts: 10
    Options
    "Do they taste the same as vermicelli/mung bean strands?" Not sure, never tried vermicelli/mung bean strands...

"The best way to use miracle noodles or shiritaki noodles is not in an italian pasta dish, but an asian stirfry." Correct, as the noodles are asian to begin with, and those dishes are what the shirataki noodles were adapted for. But, if you want to use them in traditional pasta dishes, they need the double boil.

The Alfredo recipe did work, and was very good as well. The consistency of the noodle after the double boil is a lot better, less spongy and more like a normal noodle.

Next step is to try the angel hair as spagetti!
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HI! WHAT ARE MIRACLE NOODLES? NEVER HEARD OF THEM?
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    HI! WHAT ARE MIRACLE NOODLES? NEVER HEARD OF THEM?

http://www.miraclenoodle.com
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh these noodles are konnyaku!! We have that here in Japan.

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

I have tried the solid/slices of konnyaku and didn't care for the texture much. It is flavorless also. I will have to see if any of the other products on the miracle noodle site are different.