New running shoes recommendations?

Options
I run 4-5 times a week on the treadmill, and I need some running shoes. I'm a running shoe rookie and I need some suggestions on a good pair that'll last me a while. Cost isn't as issue. I know most shoes are expensive anyways ha

Thanks so much!!
Jenny

Replies

• jennybop
    jennybop Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I run 4-5 times a week on the treadmill, and I need some running shoes. I'm a running shoe rookie and I need some suggestions on a good pair that'll last me a while. Cost isn't as issue. I know most shoes are expensive anyways ha

Thanks so much!!
    Jenny
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Jenny
    I recently started running and went to a running shoe store in my town. Read my blog for the full story, Needless to say I am very happy with the shoes I bought.

http://emory13.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-shoes.html

I am sure the town you are located in has a store like the one mentioned in my blog entry. Try on several pairs before you buy. Also get some thin socks that are made from wicking material. Your feet will thank you.
  • jennybop
    Options
    I replyed wrong
  • jennybop
    Options
    what kind of socks are those ?
  • ironweber717
    Options
    If you don't have a running store in your town then contact a pro. I use www.roadrunnersports.com
    Call them and they will help you select the right kind of shoe. I've been member for about 14 years. One great thing about them and being a member you have a 60 warranty on the shoes you buy. You use them and they are not right, send it back and they pay the shipping till you get it right. I like a synthetic wicking two-layer sock for running. The two layers move independently of each other and prevent chaffing. Wicking is for moisture.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Brooks are great - different shoes have slightly different fits so try several on to find the best for your foot.
  • arjames82
    Options
    I wear Brooks running shoes. They are made especially for people with low arches and are super supportive and comfortable. I got mine from a local running store. This is probably the best method because they actually fit you for the shoe...and I was surprised to find that I wear a different running shoe size than regular shoe size. However, they are available online as well http://www.brooksrunning.com/