Small Triumphs

Options
I got on the scale the other day and I had lost another 3 lbs. Not bad, not much, but w/e. However that 3 lbs. put me over the half way point of my weight loss goal!! Which feels amazing!! I've come this far and can't wait to finish what I've started!! Another small triumph for me happened this week as well. When I had plans to go out one night so therefore was going to have to skip going to the track that evening with my friend, I was sad that I wouldn't be jogging that day. I enjoy jogging now! Me who just a year ago was miserable and out of breath fast-walking!! :)
Just wondering what other people's small triumphs are/have been. Because to me that's what motivates me everday!

Replies

• PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Recently I started adding jogging to my walks - just short intervals at first because I was so outta shape. The other night I jogged almost a 1/2 mile without stopping - sure felt awesome and I wasn't totally "wiped out" either!!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I'm going to write this in anticipation of tomorrow's weigh in... :)

GETTING UNDER 200 LBS WILL BE THE BEST LITTLE TRIUMPH I CAN THINK OFF. Today the scale read EXACTLY 200 lbs just to spite me. I'll get him tomorrow though!
  • LCardo24
    LCardo24 Posts: 56
    Options
    3 lbs is fantastic! And you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. :)
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the "small triumphs." They are what lead us to the goal! I've just started (again) and an hour fast walk is a triumph to me. Logging my meals is a triumph! I'm on the uphill path...at last!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I jogged today for the first time since high school, so I know exactly how that feels! Congratulations hun, that's absolutely fantastic!!
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    A great triumh is actually the sum of a several small triumphs.. ;-) I´m glad to be part of this journey we all share; and for me - a person that used to HATE exercise in every shape it came - I cannot live without it now...

Thank you for sharing and as a previous person said:

"3 lbs is fantastic! And you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. :) "
  • brhiannalee
    brhiannalee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone and great job!! I so love this community!! <3

That's how I started, doing intervals of walking and jogging!! I remember I cried the first time I jogged a consecutive mile!! lol