Wake Up!

Options
Did you know that drinking a cold glass of water first thing when you wake up jump starts your metabolism?

:)

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Don't know whether I believe that but it couldn't hurt! Plus it would be so easy. Just down a cup after rinsing your teeth :)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    She's right it does. I add a little squeezed lemon to it for a little flavor sometimes. Lemon also helps with cramps during a woman's monthly.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Awesome! I take all my pills right after crawling out of bed so I did this without knowing...points for me :D
  • sweet_cece
    Options
    Think about your body at rest... warm & cozy from your bed. Jump starting it with a cold glass of water, makes your body "wake up" and instantly start to process the cold water. And seeing how our metabolism rate diminishes as we age, it's a great way to give it a kick first thing in the morning.

Like rawritsmoni, if you have a routine of taking your vitamins and such first thing in the morning anyways, it's a great thing to input into your routine. Plus... it's 1 outta 7 glasses of water you should consume daily anyways :)
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    She's right it does. I add a little squeezed lemon to it for a little flavor sometimes. Lemon also helps with cramps during a woman's monthly.

Lemon also helps you to... Well, drop the kids off at the pool in the a.m.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Too bad the "ice cold" iced mocha latte I have every once in awhile doesn't work the same way..hehehe!! But I'm definteley up for trying a cold cup of water in the morning!