• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Wrong: Your gut is smaller
    Right: Wow, your junk got bigger!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    A couple of people have asked how much I've lost, and when I tell them (about 14 lbs) they invariably look horrified that it's so little. I really wasn't that big before. I think I gave off fat vibes!
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    I love when people say,
    Have you lost weight?
    You look great
    You have an amazing figure
    You look really fit and healthy

However a friend of mine has lost 7 stone and now weighs 154lb, she's 5ft5. Bad things people have said,
    You look disgusting!
    Your face looks really gaunt
    Are you eating properly?
    You look really skinny, actually you could put some weight on
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    I've also got a friend that has recently gone through a divorce. As he has more time now, he has decided that he'd like to get back into cycling as he used to be a fanatic.

Result, he's lost weight.

One of his customers noticed and instead of saying how good he looked asked if the divorce had been that rough on him...ouch!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Wrong: Your gut is smaller
    Right: Wow, your junk got bigger!

bwahahahahaha!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    My personal favorite is, "You've lost weight! What are you doing!?" I wish I had a really great witty response to that one.

Oh I HATED that one lol - My answer was always:
    "Clearly far worse than I thought before speaking to you since it is not remotely apparent that I have done so..."
    Loved seeing their faces... Then again.. I'm kind of a smart-alec....
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS get the "what diet are you doin" like Im gonna tell them to take a pill or something.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and one woman I know is sure I am having an affair. She keeps asking around my friends for secret details. I just want to sit her down and say "Look at my husband. Seriously. WHY would I be looking elsewhere?".
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My favorite (granted she didn't mean for me to hear) was

"Anyone that skinny after having two kids should be shot."

I turned around and said "Awww! Thanks! What a nice compliment!"
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I hate "Wow you look pretty or prettier now" or when asked my starting weight, "Wow, you were really big, why did you let yourself get that way?" Um do you not understand how hard I'm trying to get it off?!! Plus, I still have a long way to go so these comments make me very vulnerable.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    While I understand that people generally mean well, I hate with a passion a few responses;

"keep it up" really? Thank you, I don't know how I got this far without your encouragement.
    "someone I know is doing _______, ______, &______, & lost a lot of weight." Because clearly what I'm doing isn't working 80 pounds later?
    "i didn't realize you were THAT big before" Gee thanks.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites now was the nurse at my doctors after i step off the scale she looks at it , looks at my chart and says "you've lost weight, did you know that?" (see ticker)

I just stood and stared at her for a few moments flabberghasted before i could even get the word Yes out of my mouth
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows the highest compliment you can pay someone is "I'd hit that!"

Except that many guys will "hit" anything. And no, it doesn't need to have 2 legs... sometimes it has anywhere from 0-4.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is, "You've lost weight! What are you doing!?" I wish I had a really great witty response to that one.

I'll usually just say HARD WORK! Because it's true (and usually not what they're looking for).
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My husbands parents actually accused me of "popping pills" because I am losing weight!!! Ugh.. totally not the right way to comment about my weight loss!! Maybe I should tell them I hook it on the weekends too lol!

Haha. Yeah, seriously, between the pills and the added sexual activity, that totally explains it.
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites now was the nurse at my doctors after i step off the scale she looks at it , looks at my chart and says "you've lost weight, did you know that?" (see ticker)

I just stood and stared at her for a few moments flabberghasted before i could even get the word Yes out of my mouth

How about, "Holy crap, are you serious?"
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow! You aren't fat anymore!!

you look really great now! are you single? <----from a girl that of course ignored and placed me in the friend zone when i was bigger.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    No: "looks like you're losing some of that gut."
    No: "Wow, Mom. You're fat" (at 30 pounds down)
    Yes: "You look great."
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i love the "youre getting too skinny" comment when i still have 20 pounds to lose before Im even in a healthy weight range.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who lost weight and a bunch of friends posted on his facebook wall that he looked ill. Several even told him to go get checked! Geez!

My mother is the worst. "Did you lose weight?" which might be fine if she didn't look like she sucked on a lemon and smelled dog *kitten* at the same time! She is a jealous cow and I've come to gripes with it.