Inspirational Quotes...Feel free to add on! :o)

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    To live we must conquer incessantly,
    we must have the courage to be happy.
    Henri Frederic Amiel
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok it is Friday and I must say

" That is the way uh huh, uh huh, I like it uh huh uh huh!"

KC and the Sunshine Band!
    00020287.gif

uh huh uh huh ahhhh oK:bigsmile:

Cmon chick, dance with me, it is the weekend!
    0002013F.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I do not at all have the mind of a bully... in my mind bullies are intolerant of contrary opinion, domineering and rather cowardly. I would hope that none of those terms could be fairly used in describing me.

Conrad Black

Quite a powerful quote! Cause Bullys SUCK:angry::yawn: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I do not at all have the mind of a bully... in my mind bullies are intolerant of contrary opinion, domineering and rather cowardly. I would hope that none of those terms could be fairly used in describing me.

Conrad Black

Quite a powerful quote! Cause Bullys SUCK:angry::yawn: :bigsmile:

agreed!:cry::brokenheart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

00020287.gif

0002013F.gifcheeringbunnyGOBABYGO.gif0002013F.gifcheeringbunnyGOBABYGO.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

00020287.gif

cheeringbunnyGOBABYGO.gif0002013F.gif

I LOVE it!! WOO!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

00020287.gif

I LOVE it!! WOO!
    :drinker: :drinker: CHEERS My :bigsmile: Imaginary Friend:laugh: .....it's FRIDAY! That's one hot banana dancer you got there....he's stylin big time!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

00020287.gif

I LOVE it!! WOO!
    :drinker: :drinker: CHEERS My :bigsmile: Imaginary Friend:laugh: .....it's FRIDAY! That's one hot banana dancer you got there....he's stylin big time!:laugh:

Tis true. I am actually a 6' tall 22 year old Goddess!:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

00020287.gif

I LOVE it!! WOO!

what's your name my 'imaginary friend'? Pete?:huh: :tongue: :yawn:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Gandhi was right: if we all live by 'an eye for an eye' the whole world will be blind.
    The only way out is forgiveness."

"We forgive freely or we do not really forgive at all."
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Be not afraid of life. :heart:
    Believe that life IS worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
    James Truslow Adams
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Complaining only exasperates the problem by focusing your attention on what
    is wrong in your life rather than focusing on taking actions to solve it or
    accepting the situation as is and finding peace with it.:heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    A righteous man is cautious in friendship--

Bad company corrupts good character--

These are the two scripture verses (don't ask me for the reference-- ) I use most in counseling my children to be very cautious in choosing their friends and with whom they associate.

Works for us grown-ups, too-- :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

These are the two scripture verses (don't ask me for the reference-- ) I use most in counseling my children to be very cautious in choosing their friends and with whom they associate.

MFP has taught me much!:huh:

Real friends:heart: stick by you...and in this life all we truly need are true friends that lift us up not shove us down & bully us (cause bullys SUCK!:angry: ) I've enjoyed finding out who my true friends are:flowerforyou:

There's a quote somewhere.... goes something like this.. a couple of really dear friends in life is all you really need.. .. ok, I didn't say it was an exact quote!:huh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Real friends:heart: stick by you...and in this life all we truly need are true friends that lift us up not shove us down & bully us (cause bullys SUCK!:angry: ) I've enjoyed finding out who my true friends are:flowerforyou:

There's a quote somewhere.... goes something like this.. a couple of really dear friends in life is all you really need.. .. ok, I didn't say it was an exact quote!:huh: :laugh:

And you, my friend, are a dear for being the one here that encouraged me ( I don't even know if you know that ) to open up and get back to being ME. And through your support, as well as some other lovely friends here, I'm opening up in a way I don't know that I ever have.

I'm a closed person emotionally-- I'll talk your ear off, but will still keep people at arm's length-- but, walls are coming down here, and it's helping in other areas of life, as well.

So, go figure-- God can use any medium, can't He, to achieve His good purpose for us.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

And you, my friend, are a dear for being the one here that encouraged me ( I don't even know if you know that ) to open up and get back to being ME. And through your support, as well as some other lovely friends here, I'm opening up in a way I don't know that I ever have.

I'm a closed person emotionally-- I'll talk your ear off, but will still keep people at arm's length-- but, walls are coming down here, and it's helping in other areas of life, as well.

So, go figure-- God can use any medium, can't He, to achieve His good purpose for us.

You betcha He can!! Fitness, thanks for starting this thread ... I am a quote addict!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Here are some more....:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow.
    The same Everlasting Father, who takes care of you today,
    will take care of you tomorrow.
    He will either shield you from suffering,
    or give you unfailing strength to bear it.
    Be at peace then,
    and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
    ~ Saint Francis de Sales

"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." ~ Leroy "Satchel" Paige

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero

Keep your curiosity fresh. ~ John Singer Sargent

Wherever you are, be all there. ~ Jim Eliot

For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. 4:17-18

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. ~ G. K. Chesterton

I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean. ~ G. K. Chesterton

It takes a very long time to become young. ~ Pablo Picasso

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow." ~ Mary Jean Irion

"It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do." ~ Winston Churchill, on joy.

…what had seemed insoluble to him while he was judging, blaming, and hating, had become clear and simple when he forgave and loved. ~ Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

“Over the years I have discovered that much of my struggle to be content despite outside circumstances has arisen when I stubbornly resisted what was actually happening in my life at the present moment. . . . Acceptance illuminates reality so that we’re better able to see the next step.” ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Thanks Sweetie:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

You betcha He can!! Fitness, thanks for starting this thread ... I am a quote addict!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Here are some more....:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow.
    The same Everlasting Father, who takes care of you today,
    will take care of you tomorrow.
    He will either shield you from suffering,
    or give you unfailing strength to bear it.
    Be at peace then,
    and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
    ~ Saint Francis de Sales

"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." ~ Leroy "Satchel" Paige

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero

Keep your curiosity fresh. ~ John Singer Sargent

Wherever you are, be all there. ~ Jim Eliot

For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. 4:17-18

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. ~ G. K. Chesterton

I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean. ~ G. K. Chesterton

It takes a very long time to become young. ~ Pablo Picasso

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow." ~ Mary Jean Irion

"It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do." ~ Winston Churchill, on joy.

…what had seemed insoluble to him while he was judging, blaming, and hating, had become clear and simple when he forgave and loved. ~ Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

“Over the years I have discovered that much of my struggle to be content despite outside circumstances has arisen when I stubbornly resisted what was actually happening in my life at the present moment. . . . Acceptance illuminates reality so that we’re better able to see the next step.” ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

Lovely quotes My dear friend Tresa:heart: ...so glad you've shared with us all:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

00020287.gif

I LOVE it!! WOO!

what's your name my 'imaginary friend'? Pete?:huh: :tongue: :yawn:

Only on Saturday night!:noway: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thought for the day
    Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words
    Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions
    Be careful of actions, for your actions become your habits
    Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character
    Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your Destiny