SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Hello Team Black! I am crossing over from Team Orange... looking forward to getting to know you! Karie/ NewLife_11 asked me to post the "balance" that I had not yet posted from Week 5's challenge, so here we go....

CARDIO:
    Sun. 8/21 Yoga 148
    Mon. 8/22 Cardio Kickboxing 400
    Tu. 8/23 Personal training & spin 650
    TOTALS for whole week = 2742
    ** I approximated on a lot of the cals. burned- the MFP numbers have always have been off for me; my HRM needed a new battery and I finally got one today!

STRENGTH:
    Completed all 6 challenges in the order listed (whew!)

FOOD CHALLENGE: Healthy Kids Meal
    (modified the recipe from "Family Fun" magazine; sounds weird but my kids love these!)
    Ham & "??" Morning Muffins
    Makes: ~ 1 dozen
    Ingredients
    1 1/4 cups unbleached flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
    3/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal (I sometimes use in place of or mix w/ the cornmeal ~ 1 c quick cook oats & ~ 1/2 c oat bran)
    1/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup mlik (I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk)
    2 large eggs (I used egg subsitute)
    1/3 cup corn oil (I used unsweetened applesauce)
    1 cup finely diced ham
    ** I have also mixed in ~ 1 c of a Craisin/ raisin mixture & ~ 1 c of chopped pecans)
    Instructions
    Heat the oven to 375°. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the wells with paper liners.
    In a large bowl, whisk the dry goods (except for raisins/ nuts/ etc. if added) In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil, then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Fold in the ham, and any other "additions".
    Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake the muffins until their tops are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then turn them out onto the rack and let them cool completely. The muffins can be frozen in a plastic freezer bag up to three months.
    Nutritional Information:Per serving (1 muffin) Calories 191, Total Fat 9 g (14%), Saturated Fat 2 g (12%), Cholesterol 43 mg (14%), Sodium 262 mg (11%), Total Carbohydrate 22 g (7%), Fiber 0.8 g (3%), Sugars 6 g, Protein 5 g (10%)
    ** the nutritional information varies quite a lot depending on what I have on hand/ mix in; this is generalized :)

EMOTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Excuses... there have been so many but if I am HONEST with myself, the excuse was that I was not worth it. I kept justifying my emotional use of food by saying "I deserved it", no matter whether I was stressed or happy, or whatever. Not falling back into that trap is my biggest challenge; always will be. When I find myself down, I just make sure that I reach out to someone who can give me the honest support I need. I try to change the self-depriciating soundtrack in my head (even when I don't believe myself, I still repeat that Im worthwhile). Funny that my weight is so much not about food... hmmm...
    ** I had to add before I posted: I write up my posts while on the move and try to enter them into the computer at night, while also touching base with my team... evidently I was MIA longer than I thought, because when I logged in tonight, and read the postings, I discovered I had been let loose of the Team. I completely understand the why but I cant say that it didn't hurt- I caught myself starting to emotional eat ("I don't care") and then I stopped, sighed, and logged it all. When we stumble, we stand & dust ourselves off; that's the point we learn & grow. It's a journey, right?

Weight (as of Tu. 8/22 am 155) -1.5 pounds for Week 5, I believe

Welcome!!! You kicked week 5's butt! Nice job!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Hello Team Black! I am crossing over from Team Orange... looking forward to getting to know you! Karie/ NewLife_11 asked me to post the "balance" that I had not yet posted from Week 5's challenge, so here we go....

CARDIO:
    Sun. 8/21 Yoga 148
    ** I approximated on a lot of the cals. burned- the MFP numbers have always have been off for me; my HRM needed a new battery and I finally got one today!

STRENGTH:

(modified the recipe from "Family Fun" magazine; sounds weird but my kids love these!)
    Ingredients
    3/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal (I sometimes use in place of or mix w/ the cornmeal ~ 1 c quick cook oats & ~ 1/2 c oat bran)
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup finely diced ham
    ** I have also mixed in ~ 1 c of a Craisin/ raisin mixture & ~ 1 c of chopped pecans)
    Instructions
    Heat the oven to 375°. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the wells with paper liners.
    In a large bowl, whisk the dry goods (except for raisins/ nuts/ etc. if added) In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil, then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Fold in the ham, and any other "additions".
    Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake the muffins until their tops are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then turn them out onto the rack and let them cool completely. The muffins can be frozen in a plastic freezer bag up to three months.
    Nutritional Information:Per serving (1 muffin) Calories 191, Total Fat 9 g (14%), Saturated Fat 2 g (12%), Cholesterol 43 mg (14%), Sodium 262 mg (11%), Total Carbohydrate 22 g (7%), Fiber 0.8 g (3%), Sugars 6 g, Protein 5 g (10%)
    ** the nutritional information varies quite a lot depending on what I have on hand/ mix in; this is generalized :)

EMOTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Excuses... there have been so many but if I am HONEST with myself, the excuse was that I was not worth it. I kept justifying my emotional use of food by saying "I deserved it", no matter whether I was stressed or happy, or whatever. Not falling back into that trap is my biggest challenge; always will be. When I find myself down, I just make sure that I reach out to someone who can give me the honest support I need. I try to change the self-depriciating soundtrack in my head (even when I don't believe myself, I still repeat that Im worthwhile). Funny that my weight is so much not about food... hmmm...
    ** I had to add before I posted: I write up my posts while on the move and try to enter them into the computer at night, while also touching base with my team... evidently I was MIA longer than I thought, because when I logged in tonight, and read the postings, I discovered I had been let loose of the Team. I completely understand the why but I cant say that it didn't hurt- I caught myself starting to emotional eat ("I don't care") and then I stopped, sighed, and logged it all. When we stumble, we stand & dust ourselves off; that's the point we learn & grow. It's a journey, right?

I'm gonna second that!! WTG!! Glad to have ya and here's to this week!! :)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Can everyone please go to the spreadsheets and input there total points and weight loss this week, remember ifyou have gained weight count it as 0 for the week, also make sure the previous weeks are complete as well. Thanks and as soon as this is done I will give a little update on who won the highest weight loss for the week and who earned the most points.
    Karie

Also make sure you go to week 5 and vote for a recipe!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Just finished day 2, 755 calories logged, and 50 push-ups done! Yesterday I stayed under my carbs also.

Emotional Challenge: I didnt have a certain moment of clarity, I knew for quite a while that I need to do something to change the way I was living, I just couldnt ever find the motivation to do it. This summer we went to South Padre Island Tx on vacation and I wanted nothing more then to find a swimsuit, and lounge on the beach but I didnt feel comfortable enough in my own skin to do that. 2 weeks after we got back I just woke up one morning and starting walking, working out and weighing. When I saw that my weight was all the way up to nearly 260 I was crushed I honestly didnt think I had gained that much weight! I've been working out ever since and dont think I will ever stop, I crave the way I feel when I get done working out. I want to be around for a long time with my family and want them to be proud of me, so im gonna give them a mom/wife to be proud of!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member

CARDIO:
    Sun. 8/21 Yoga 148

STRENGTH:

Ingredients
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup finely diced ham
    Instructions

EMOTIONAL CHALLENGE:

THANKS!!
  • amyelizbradley
    Just finished day 2, 755 calories logged, and 50 push-ups done! Yesterday I stayed under my carbs also.

Emotional Challenge: I didnt have a certain moment of clarity, I knew for quite a while that I need to do something to change the way I was living, I just couldnt ever find the motivation to do it. This summer we went to South Padre Island Tx on vacation and I wanted nothing more then to find a swimsuit, and lounge on the beach but I didnt feel comfortable enough in my own skin to do that. 2 weeks after we got back I just woke up one morning and starting walking, working out and weighing. When I saw that my weight was all the way up to nearly 260 I was crushed I honestly didnt think I had gained that much weight! I've been working out ever since and dont think I will ever stop, I crave the way I feel when I get done working out. I want to be around for a long time with my family and want them to be proud of me, so im gonna give them a mom/wife to be proud of!

You are amazing!
  • amyelizbradley
    For Th. 8/25/11
    CARDIO:
    Zumba = 450
    Personal Training = 250
    NUTRITION:
    Under calories = 23 cals. under
    EXERCISE:
    50 push ups

Good but tiring day! I need to sleep more!
    Hope everyone had a beautiful day!
    Here's to our feet hitting the floor tomorrow!!
    xo Amy
  • bella_babe_86

You are amazing!

Thanks!
  • bella_babe_86
    Felt sluggish through my entire workout, now that Im done...im like the freakin' energizer bunny or something! Did my normal workout today and logged my calories 740 something I believe. Bicycle crunches done...not my fav but they are out of the way. Idk if I will stay under my fat today but hopefully I will!

My absolute favorite part of working out today was hearing Josh my 2 year old saying good job mommy! He's the best cheerleader ever!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    For Friday:
    A.M. - Weight lifting, legs and shoulders
    Noon - Butt Bible video
    P.M. - 45min walk at 3.5mph

And it looks like I'll stay under my fay goal today, even if we end up having pizza for dinner!!! I'm surprised, I never watch my fat grams, just my carbs, so I go over a lot.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs ~ Done
    Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor ~ Done
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories ~ Done
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed) ~ I hate Push-ups So I TOTALLY modified! DONE!!!
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat ~ FAIL!! Hahahahah! Oops!
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches ~ Done!

I have logged my cals burned on the spreadsheet! :)
    I should be on tomorrow, but I don't know if I will loose power due to Irene or not. :( I have done everything I could do to prepare! So now all I have to do is wait and see what happens tomorrow night! I usually don't loose power, so I'm hoping for the best! :)
  • circusmom
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed) ~ I hate Push-ups So I TOTALLY modified! DONE!!!
    Friday

I should be on tomorrow, but I don't know if I will loose power due to Irene or not. :( I have done everything I could do to prepare! So now all I have to do is wait and see what happens tomorrow night! I usually don't loose power, so I'm hoping for the best! :)

Hope Irene makes a sharp left and misses you!! It is so weird watching the track of a hurricane that I'm not preparing for, living in FL makes you real use to preping for the worst!!
    Stay safe!!
  • circusmom
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday

Hope Irene makes a sharp right and misses you!! It is so weird watching the track of a hurricane that I'm not preparing for, living in FL makes you real use to preping for the worst!!
    Stay safe!!

God I'm an IDIOT!!! I meant to say right, heading into the ocean. That's what I get for living on the gulf coast my whole life. A sharp left would send it into the gulf and away from the coast. Either way hope you stay safe!!!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Hello everyone! Looks like everyone is chugging away despite some of us trying to brace for Irene! I hope you all stay safe, and that this will pass soon. As for myself, I've just been staying busy with workouts and trying to stay focused on my goals. September is going to be a very busy month for me as well, so I'm prepping for that! eeek.

So lets see for this week .. .

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs ~ Accomplished
    Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor. Completed
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories ~ Accomplished
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed) ~Complete in the pool at that! They have us do these push ups where we push up out of the pool on the side walls! OMG is that hard lol. I'll take regular floor ones any day!
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat ~ Accomplished (thanks to my calorie burn) lol
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches ~ Completed! wOOt
  • AmerTunsi
    Felt sluggish through my entire workout, now that Im done...im like the freakin' energizer bunny or something! Did my normal workout today and logged my calories 740 something I believe. Bicycle crunches done...not my fav but they are out of the way. Idk if I will stay under my fat today but hopefully I will!

My absolute favorite part of working out today was hearing Josh my 2 year old saying good job mommy! He's the best cheerleader ever!

That is the cutest thing ever! How adorable to have such a lil motivator right there by your side. I wish my fur babies would motivate me instead of tempting me to lay down and sleep all day. lol. GL staying under your fat today!
  • AmerTunsi
    Week 4 Weight: 335
    Week 5 Weight 330
    Change this week : -5

Strength: 6 - Rocked them out
    Cardio: 1 - I was also above my goal! YAY
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe- 1

Thank you Ashley! I have no plans on slowing down anytime soon! If my stubborn self works for me I'll be going full speed ahead until January. Then, we shall see what happens because my life may get a bit busier after the new year.

I'm chugging along but my train is a bit tired today. Gotta keep going ...choochooo! I know I can, I know I can!

Thats one amazing loss you had this week! Nice job!! Kudos to you for all you do, you're calorie burns baffle me! And I know you can keep going too!
  • amyelizbradley

Love it!
  • amyelizbradley
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday

Hope that you stay safe!!
  • amyelizbradley
    For FR. 8/26/11 (also posted on main thread)
    CARDIO:
    Spin = 400
    Pilates = 146
    NUTRITION:
    Under fat = 13g under
    EXERCISE:
    50 bicycle crunches

Here's to a beautiful weekend for everyone!
  • bella_babe_86
    Hello everyone! Looks like everyone is chugging away despite some of us trying to brace for Irene! I hope you all stay safe, and that this will pass soon. As for myself, I've just been staying busy with workouts and trying to stay focused on my goals. September is going to be a very busy month for me as well, so I'm prepping for that! eeek.

So lets see for this week .. .

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs ~ Accomplished
    Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor. Completed
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories ~ Accomplished
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed) ~Complete in the pool at that! They have us do these push ups where we push up out of the pool on the side walls! OMG is that hard lol. I'll take regular floor ones any day!
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat ~ Accomplished (thanks to my calorie burn) lol
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches ~ Completed! wOOt

Great job! I hope that you stay safe through Irene, I was hoping she might go the other direction and bring some rain to Texas but, no such luck there!
This discussion has been closed.