Mexican tacos

we have a taco stand here called Speedy Gonzales....I just love their chicken tacos which consist of two 4" corn tortillas, seasoned chicken breast, onion, cilantro....and of course those hot carrots on the side. Anyone have any thoughts on the calorie count on these things.

Replies

• leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    You've already done the work....

two corn tortillas
    guesstimate the amount of chicken breast

Voilà. Tacos are the easiest things in the world to count for calories.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    should be pretty easy to figure out........veggies aren't much, tortillas are 50-75 each....It's the chicken....how many ounces would you guess.

Using the old 3 ounces is like a deck of cards.........

Then use this database!
  • jodieroden
    jodieroden Posts: 4 Member
    well I did, I just am unsure how they prepare the chicken. I asked the girl at the window (she looked at me like I was silly) and she said it is cooked in oil and this simmered in a pot and then prepared as a taco. I was just wondering how much oil if any was left in the chicken after this process...yes I over think things a little.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    I do think you're over-thinking it. You don't eat these tacos every day, so all you can do is guess. I've learned in my time on this site that it's just not worth stressing out too much on whether or not I get things exact. I just approximate the best I can.

If you're concerned about the oil, add a tsp of oil to your calorie count.
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    When I stress out I usually just find a similar type of taco in the data base or check on line nutritional info for Mexican restaurants to see what they put down for their tacos & go from there. Usually if they cook it in oil, you are eating that oil but like was mentioned before... if it's occasional it's probably not too bad.