Howdy eh?

Options
Hello all,

I'm a chef from The South now living in beautiful Ontario Canada. I'm a lover of science, medicine, food, and music. I'm also an avid Skeptic and love debating pseudoscience.

I was about 165 pounds when I moved to Canada 5 years ago and somehow managed to get up to 210. I'm down to 188 and don't plan on stopping yet. I've given up 'magic" diets and instead I'm simply going on mainstream nutrition science and counting calories.

Good luck to you all,

M

Replies

• BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    From the south and you ended up here??? in Ontario??? how many people have asked you "are you crazy man?" in the middle of december? LOL.
    Welcome and good luck. this site is great!!!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey, happy to meet another proud Skeptic! I don't hotly debate like I used to, but it gives me a warm fuzzy just to know there are others out there. :)
  • nathalie24
    nathalie24 Posts: 22
    Options
    OMG :) HEY I'm Nathalie. I'm 17 and I'm from Virginia. I'm looking into moving to Hamilton, Ontario Canada to go to college at McMaster University to become a Physicians Assistant!! What's it like to move to Canada??
  • cheffincher
    Options
    Becks- Thanks, I do get asked that all the time and I wish I could afford to have two houses one back in Georiga for the winter and one in Canada for the summer.

Skinnyjeanie- hello fellow skeptic! I'm not sure if you know Brian Dunning or not but a friend of mine went to TAM Las Vegas and got a recording of him telling me hello and sorry I couldn't make it. It made my year!

Nathalie- I think you'll love it, Hamilton is great and McMaster's is great. I was thinking of going back to school myself for the exact same degree. If you do move here brush up on your Canadian/American history. and bring your southern accent!