Venting...Anything getting you down?

Options
So I've always had stretch marks. I lost weight but just noticed that now I have some ON MY STOMACH. I've never had them there before and I'm just so disappointed! I was trying on clothes in a smaller size but my body is looking so strange.

Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm betting you're not a mom, lol. Stretch marks do suck...my stomach looks like a road map. I'd love to have the body that I had at 17...think Jillian Michaels but goth. My daughter stretched me out so much that my innie became and outie and my abs split (I'll have to have a tummy tuck to fix this, ugh).

If that's all that has you down....you're in pretty good shape.
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm not! At least if I was, I'd have a good reason to be covered in stretch marks!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks from my pregnancy on my stomach... I thought I didn't get any and was so relieved/excited... then after I had him I realized I just couldn't see them on the underside of my stomach. Smack in my face! lol

I feel disproporionate at times. I wish there was a way to control where we lost the weight from, but I am not aware of any. I'm sure exercising certain body parts would be beneficial, but I will be the first to admit I am not at that point in my journey yet. I'm a diet and treadmill only at this point.

I have to wear clothes that make me feel good. If the size is making you feel like it looks strange, then you will feel strange. I wear alot of sweats sometimes ;-) My clothes seem to look strange too. I'm not quite "there" and its frustrating. Yoga and sweat pants for me for now!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    They do seem to fade... but unfortunately they don't go away, at least mine haven't!
  • chubswonky
    Options

I feel disproporionate at times. I wish there was a way to control where we lost the weight from, but I am not aware of any. I'm sure exercising certain body parts would be beneficial, but I will be the first to admit I am not at that point in my journey yet. I'm a diet and treadmill only at this point.

Yeah, I'm definitely not quite ready to go full swing into exercise just yet! I'm really just working on diet and throwing in a little bit on the elliptical or extra walking here and there
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    So I've always had stretch marks. I lost weight but just noticed that now I have some ON MY STOMACH. I've never had them there before and I'm just so disappointed! I was trying on clothes in a smaller size but my body is looking so strange.

Anyone else experience this?

Psh, my stomach is bad. I hate to admit it but my whole stomach is covered in them... I've just learned to accept it. I remember when I was in the hospital in labor with my oldest, my aunt AND my mom were like "Those are the worst stretch marks I've ever seen!" Le sigh.
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One man's perspective:

Moms are beautiful. I love a mom of two, my girlfriend. She's a curvy goddess.
    She complains about her tummy, and has mentioned her stretchmarks.
    Even as she finds fault, I find beauty.
    I love her curves, love her body.
    Stretch marks and all.

Don't let such things get you down, honest beauty has so much less less to do with perfection, and more to do with something much larger and more powerful.

I think it starts with self love.
  • chubswonky
    Options
    One man's perspective:

Moms are beautiful. I love a mom of two, my girlfriend. She's a curvy goddess.
    She complains about her tummy, and has mentioned her stretchmarks.
    Even as she finds fault, I find beauty.
    I love her curves, love her body.
    Stretch marks and all.

Don't let such things get you down, honest beauty has so much less less to do with perfection, and more to do with something much larger and more powerful.

I think it starts with self love.

I'm workin' on it! But they just really took me by surprise tonight! haha :)
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have never been preggers either, and I have them:

on my stomach,
    on my inner thighs,
    outer thighs and hips,
    back of arms and back
    boobs

I look like ants carved out a farm on my body.

i've had them since pre-massive-weight gain so they don't bug me much
    (coco butter lotion every day will make them look like little silvery lines)

My one thing is my boobs!... at 145 pounds they were the one thing i was proud of. my cahooonahs were beautiful.
    Now at around 125.... they are tiny sweaty flacid baloons of skin.... im only 23, I can't stand my floppy saggy little boobs...

oh well... someone will love me flacid boobies and all.