heat and amount of food

Options
Does anyone find that they naturally want to eat less in this gross weather? It probably got up to 100 degrees today, which is very rare for Indiana.

I feel absolutely stuffed, like I pigged out. I added up all my calories for the day, and it says I ate around 1000. Either I forgot to log something, or I really just didn't eat much today. I felt like I ate a gross amount of food, but then I tracked it and it was very little compared to what I had been eating before this monster heat wave.

Replies

• dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I know the feeling! All I want on hot days is cereal and fruit. I was walking around a huge art fair today and the smell of all the fried things was making me ill.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. I'm in Illinois. Hello neighbor! :)
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definitely, the hotter it gets the less I want to eat. I rather eat fruits or drink extra water but even that makes me feel weighted down!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Agreed, only water and fruit. Especially cold watermelon...mmmm!! :smile: This weather is too exhausting!
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like I'm the opposite. The heat and humidity make my workouts seem 100x harder and I want to eat a TON more when I'm done.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I dont want to eat and all I want to do is sleep cuz of the heat!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yes, it's easier to eat light plus I don't feel like cooking a lot. cold winters are tough for me cause I love to sit home in front of the fireplace with home made tollhouse cookies and wash em down with Bailey's & coffee ... I know, I'm going to hell ~
    THIS winter when I feel like that, I'm going up to the fitness room and I'm counting on everyone here for support to PUSH ME OUT THAT DOOR ~
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew...we've had our coldest spring/summer on record. :(:(:(
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know I have been wanting nothing but fruit... which reminds me I forgot to put something in my food diary.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find that they naturally want to eat less in this gross weather? It probably got up to 100 degrees today, which is very rare for Indiana.

I feel absolutely stuffed, like I pigged out. I added up all my calories for the day, and it says I ate around 1000. Either I forgot to log something, or I really just didn't eat much today. I felt like I ate a gross amount of food, but then I tracked it and it was very little compared to what I had been eating before this monster heat wave.

I'm in Indiana too!! I just checked and at 10 pm the heat index is still 108!! I am in Kokomo. Where are you? Its like someone knocks the wind out of you when you go outside. We are moving the next 3 days too!! Big bummer!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am in Indy. I am staying in air conditioning for the night. I was thinking about going outside for some exercise, but it's kind of late and I'm tired. Maybe I can get out of bed in the morning before it gets too hot and do it then.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i think we're neighbors (Ohio here) and yes. all i want are smoothies and ice cream and fruit. it's icky here.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Same here, heat index 110 today is Wisconsin! Ugh, I think I just drank so much water I felt stuffed, didn't want to eat much at all! I sure hope it cools down soon!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Agreed, only water and fruit. Especially cold watermelon...mmmm!! :smile: This weather is too exhausting!

LOL!

That's exactly what I do! My diet right now consists only of yogurt, cantaloupe, watermelon and cucumbers.

When I think of it, I think it may be one of the ways that our bodies adjust. Like ... we're less likely to eat during the eat because we "hibernated" and ate during the winter :wink: It sounds good anyway! LOL