15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Options

Replies

• gamecock1990
    Options
    I would also like to join, I am new to this site but I can see that it helps everyone out trying to improve how they eat and exercise. I am starting Insanity today as my program, I am currently 6'1 195lbs and would like to just be in overall better shape so it doesn't matter much to me if I gain or lose weight, just want to be healthier.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OK SORRY BUT IM NOT TAKING ANYMORE PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP...THERE ARE OTHER NEW GROUPS AS OF THIS MORNING MAYBE CHECK THAT ONE OUT
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    IM A GILLER SO HERE IS MY RECIPE

TURKEY BURGERS:

GROUND TURKEY
    ONION CHOPPED
    GARLIC CHOPPED
    CHILI CHOPPED
    JALAPENOS CHOPPED

SPRAY SOME PAN ON THE GRILL
    4-5 MIN ON EACH SIDE
    THE WAY I PREPAIR IT

WHEAT BUN
    LETTUCE
    TOMATOS
    ONION
    HOT SAUCE
    MUSTARD
    (IF YOU HAVNT NOTICED I LIKE MINCE SPICY)
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a good shredded chicken receipe for the crockpot which is nice after long days at the office.

2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts
    1 pkg. Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
    1/4 cup water
    1 8oz package of low fat cream cheese (NOT no fat, won't mix well)
    1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
    3 cups cooked white long grain rice

1) put chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
    2) mix dressing mix and water and pour over chicken.
    3) cook 8 hours on low (can cook 4 hours on high, but the chicken isn't as juicy...)
    4) carefully remove chicken from the pot and put aside on a plate.
    5) pour cream chees/soup mixture into pot and mix together with dressing on the bottom.
    6) return chicken to the pot and genlty shred the chicken.
    7) continue to cook on low until heated all the way through.
    8) serve shredded chicken on the cooked rice.

Nutritional info: Makes 6 servings, per serving (this is including the rice. You could make it into a sandwich on one of those Arnold Thins whole wheat breads or a pita pocket, it would just change the nutritional info a bit. Come to think of it, you could even put it on whole wheat pasta too)-

369 calories
    10.3 grams fat
    24.1 grams carbs
    41.7 grams protein

Happy Eating!
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    OK DONE WITH TODAYS CHALLENGES

JUST IN CASE U DIDNT READ THE WHOLE THING TUESDAYS CHALLENGE IS ON THE SAME POST AS TODAYS CHALLENGE
  • hmommy07
    hmommy07 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll join! i am new here but have lost 17 pounds since beginning of june. I HAVE to lose 15 by Sept 8 and maybe more if i can control myself with birthday parties and all going on.
    sw 196
    gw 125
    cw179
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    Sorry Hmommy not taking any more people
  • jenher
    jenher Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I met the challenge for Monday, 30 minutes exercise, posted recipe and drank plenty of water. I"m looking forward to trying a new meal at home tonight.
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did my challenges for Monday, not sure about giving a recipe being that I have no exact portions, I just eye ball everything...sorry guys!
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm in too:)
  • kittybells
    Options
    Hey Labor Day-ers: are any of you waaaaayyyy over your daily protein intake? I seem to be in the red by lunch. Didn't know if anyone else was having this experience. Is this something I should be working on? I always thought more protein was better.
  • jenher
    Options
    I'm normally over too. Women normally have a harder time with this than men because of our muscle mass...we don't need as much protein. Protein is good for you, but, not too much. A great balance between the carbs, protein and calories will help you reach your goal.
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm on vacation so I've been slacking on keeping up with everything on line. I track & stuff but don't always get to see whats going on from my phone cause I can't see the message boards. Anyways, I did complete Monday's water & exercise challenge cause I do those things daily. For a recipie I have mexican chicken foil wraps:

You'll need a square piece of foil to wrap a chicken breast loosely in.

Take a chicken breast & coat it with a tblsp or 2 of mexican seasoning
    Put on the foil
    Add either 1 sliced up (raw) potato or 1 cup, or more if you'd like, of whatever veggies you like
    Add a cup or 2 of salsa
    Add 1/4 cup lowfat cheese

Wrap up & bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes

Enjoy, with a dollup of fat free sour cream:-)

Today, Tues, is my bday & I have dinner reservations at Benihana so I'll be going out for dinner & can't complete that part of Tuesdays challenge. I already have the water in though & I slept more than 8 hours last night & plan to do the same tonight for sure! I will be eating at home Wed & Thurs so maybe I'll try a recipie then:-)
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    Happy birthday

I'll be posting tomorrow challenge in a few min
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    Hey Labor Day-ers: are any of you waaaaayyyy over your daily protein intake? I seem to be in the red by lunch. Didn't know if anyone else was having this experience. Is this something I should be working on? I always thought more protein was better.

my protein is high a lot too...i eat yogurt, bars stuff like that has a lot of protein
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    drank all my water and more
    only got 7 hours asleep
    and made turkey burgers for dinner

Wednesdays challenge:

drink 14 cups of water
    burn atleast 350 calories
    how you doing? let the group know...is there any thing you need help with or anything you would like to ask
  • jenher
    Options
    I only got 6 hours of sleep and didn't get to try a new recipe. I plan on trying upinthecosmos mexican chicken foil wraps tonight...they sound super easy.
  • kittybells
    Options
    I got 7 hours of sleep, drank my water and I also made turkey burgers. Mine were not quite as spicy, but they were good (and very easy, so thanks SUNNY!). I am doing well so far- under my calorie goal, burning calories, etc. etc. etc. My current problem is that I still have the urge to over eat. For the most part, my diet is healthy. My problem is that my portion control is way out of whack. If I let my guard down just a little bit, I feel myself wanting to eat way too much. Eventually, the feeling will pass but when it strikes, I feel out of control sometimes. Perhaps I am not explaining this well, but there are times throughout the day when I have this intense focus on how hungry I am and what food I can eat to make that feeling go away. Giving in to that feeling causes me to over eat and I have yet to find a way to curb that urge effectively. Drinking water helps, as does getting out of the house to walk around a bit. I just wish that I wasn't such an emotional eater any more. I control myself better, but the feelings are still there.
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    SO YESTERDAY I FORGOT MY LUNCH AT HOME AND I ENDED UP HAVING A CHICKEN SANDWHICH FROM BURGER KING...I HATE WHEN I FORGET MY LUNCH EVEN THOUGH I COULD GO AND EAT SOMETHING HEALTHY I JUST GRAB WHAT EVERS EASY AND BURGER KING IS EASY FOR ME(IM A DM FOR BURGER KING) I JUST HATE THAT I CANT CONTROL MYSELF SOMETIMES AND JUST GRAB A SALAD OR SOMETHING...
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Im in Ive been working on it since last week and friday i was at 163 Im 161 now So I will count from Friday 7/22 at 163 and hope to end at 148 in september....

I get the same everytime i see a challenge its closed Thanx