Is there anything that makes cottage cheese taste better.

Options
I hate the taste and texture of cottage cheese, I know its very healthy for you and want it in my diet. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO MIX WITH IT TO MAKE THE TASTE GO AWAY, i HAVE HEARD PINEAPPLE, i TRIED BLUEBERRIES TONIGHT BUT ALMOST GAGGED.

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I love pineapple with mine! The mix of salty and sweet is great. But I actually really love the taste and texture of cottage cheese so it's never been a problem for me.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    if you spread a bit on sandwhiches and wraps you wont get it as strong
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    tons of sugar.
    Why not just not eat it? instead of torturing yourself over it.
  • Fuzzy68
    Fuzzy68 Posts: 9
    Options
    Agree Pineapple is nice also try adding a tin of broken up Mandarin's...Grated apple is also nice in cottage cheese :smile:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Dont eat it if yo dont like it. It is a bit high in sodium. I dont eat it. It is not that I hate it is that fake that i dont really love it and i i want to eat tasty food. I dont have much calories to work with so i want to have flavour when i eat.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sugar. :bigsmile:
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Canned peaches!
  • megryansmommy
    megryansmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like salsa in mine...sometimes I even use some scoop tortilla chips and eat it as a dip.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten it in years, but I used to like it with Italian vinaigrette dressing. I am sure you could use or make your own fat free one without missing the oil since the cottage cheese has some fat.
  • brianmcg321
    Options
    I like to have my cottage cheese inside of homemade lasagna.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I like the don't eat it idea the best, but i will try it with pineapples to at least give it a chance. thanks everybody
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster about the homemade lasagna, it's more moist than ricotta so tastes great.

I really like to mix perperaccini (Sorry about the spelling), beats and cottage cheese. It's weird, but a cool sour neatness...

Also, what texture are you getting? Large curd or small? I like the small better.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    why do you need to eat it if you hate it?
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've had it with salt and pepper and that was good. Peaches are wonderful in it.
  • RoseBudd85
    RoseBudd85 Posts: 49
    Options
    Peaches or pears....I sympathize with your struggle. It's more the texture than the flavor that gets to me!
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    It would be one thing if it was just the taste you don't like but you don't like the texture either. Personally, I won't eat anything that I don't like the texture. There is nothing so special about cottage cheese that you have to force yourself to eat it. If pineapple doesn't do it I am not sure there is anything that will.

There are other lean protein options for breakfast, lean ham, greek yogurt, protein powder in your cereal/oatmeal, etc.

My rule of thumb is I never eat anything I hate.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I have it for lunch everyday at work - i'm quite obessed with it! haha

i have it on crackers, with canned tuna and baby spinach leaves (sometimes cherry tomatoes or avocado)

i think if you go for the flavoured tuna then you don't notice the taste of cottage cheese at all - eg lime and cracked pepper, lemon etc

though i would happily munch down on cottage cheese all by itself so i may be a bit biased!! :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Canned peaches!

I thought I was the only one who did that!
  • brookii10
    brookii10 Posts: 2
    Options
    pepper tastes amazing on cottage cheese!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Why not just not eat it? instead of torturing yourself over it.

This!!! Just find something else to eat