NEWBIE NURSING MAMA

JellyBelly12410
JellyBelly12410 Posts: 9
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
hello everybody!!!! i'm completely new here and i even have that new car smell <3 i'm 28, 5'7" and 350 ((gackkk!!!!)) and i'm nursing a beautiful 7 1/2 month old princess i call jelly belly ((hence my name haha)). her name is jillian. i look forward to getting to know everybody :) CHIAO!

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. You can do it. Though I've never needed it I've read in other threads that nursing moms need to add breastfeeding to their food diaries. It gives you extra calories to make up for nursing.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Hello, I am new here too! Welcome.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. You can do it. Though I've never needed it I've read in other threads that nursing moms need to add breastfeeding to their food diaries. It gives you extra calories to make up for nursing.
    I was just fixing to say that..lol...yes add your breastfeeding to your food diary...and WELCOME!!!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Yes, you are supposed to be able to count breastfeeding in your exercise because it burns like 400 or so calories a day (something like that - I'm not sure). I love the name Jillian. Super adorable! :smooched:
  • Hi and welcome, I only joined last week love the support and encouragement.
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    hey
    i'm also (kind of) a new mom and was looking for posts from nursing moms when i came across your's :)

My day is spent running around in the house and breastfeeding. My son is 6 months & 3 weeks old today and i'm still at the same weight as I was when he was born!!
    Joined today...hoping for some miracle! :P

I couldn't find breastfeeding in the exercises.can anyone help please?:(

have a good day everyone! :)
  • hey
    i'm also (kind of) a new mom and was looking for posts from nursing moms when i came across your's :)

My day is spent running around in the house and breastfeeding. My son is 6 months & 3 weeks old today and i'm still at the same weight as I was when he was born!!
    Joined today...hoping for some miracle! :P

I couldn't find breastfeeding in the exercises.can anyone help please?:(

have a good day everyone! :)

my daughter is 12 days shy of 8 months and we're still mostly EBF. she does get some other food in puree or solid form but not for nutrional value. i cant find breastfeeding either but ill look harder ;) actually lost all my baby weight (26 lbs) in 18 days. but i gained back half of it over these 8 months. im looking to expand my family next year so i want to lose what i can when i can. :)
This discussion has been closed.