Sweaty Workout shirt was my allibi tonight...lol

Options
rafor
rafor Posts: 78 Member
So the place that I go to work out is a baseball park a half mile from my house and unbeknownst to me (it isn't posted or anything) it "closes" at 10pm. Here I am run/walking on the half mile track they have and I see a cop car pull onto the track looking into the shrubs. The park is right next to the construction site for the new building for the local hospital. The cop shines his bright light in my face and asks me what I had been doing. I had just run a lap so I was still a little out of breath and so huffing and puffing I told him I was exercising.

He then told me that they have had reports of people steeling from the construction site. To which I told him that I have not seen anything like that tonight. He then informed me that the park closed at 10p with a knowing look implying that I was thus trespassing. He asked me why I was breathing heavy and I told him I had just finished a running lap and that I was doing a recovery walking lap that they had interrupted half-way through.

He takes his flashlight and points it at my shirt and sees that it is plastered to me with sweat and his eyes bulge because it is completely soaked. I'm no small guy at 244lbs and I had been running. Plus, the humidity here never seems to drop below 80%. So he says to me, "I believe you were out here exercising but we still need to verify your information". I guess that had to do with the fact that I don't normally carry my wallet with me when I plan on sweating through my clothing...lol. They let me go with no problems when I started giving them all the information on my drivers license as the person verifying it on the radio was saying it. He laughed and said, "have a good night, sir." and they drove off.

Good thing I had my soaked in sweat proof.

Replies