Lunch Ideas?

Options
I need some help thinking of healthy lunch ideas. I am usually good with breakfast and dinner, we always have eggs, fruit, lowfat bagels, lowfat waffles, healthy cereal and dinner is always easy. But for some reason lunchtime is always hard for me. All we have usually is lunchmeat (turkey or chicken) and cheese and sara lee bread. And then sometimes I have a salad with it. And fruit/veggies.
Any other ideas? This gets sooo boring after a while!!

Thanks!:happy:

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    I need some help thinking of healthy lunch ideas. I am usually good with breakfast and dinner, we always have eggs, fruit, lowfat bagels, lowfat waffles, healthy cereal and dinner is always easy. But for some reason lunchtime is always hard for me. All we have usually is lunchmeat (turkey or chicken) and cheese and sara lee bread. And then sometimes I have a salad with it. And fruit/veggies.
    Any other ideas? This gets sooo boring after a while!!

Thanks!:happy:

:heart: Danielle
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you I needed some breakfast & dinner ideas. I like eating these for lunch b/c they're light: 3 torn in half pieces of cheese wrapped in 6 pieces of either turkey meat or ham (I choose Oscar Meyer I think Deli Creations?), 1 boiled egg (I'm not going to put commas:P) 4 saltine crackers w/2tbsp of Ranch Dressing shredded cheese (1tbsp) and 3 pieces of turkey/chicken/ham, 1/2cup tuna, meat and cheese sandwich w/only one piece of bread. Sorry this is just a whole buncha' simple stuff and I hope this helps! (::flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I like getting the Lean Cuisine Pizzas - nice treat and well within my calorie and fat allowances
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    soups are great. I pair mine with 1/2 a bagel toasted with lite cream cheese. You could do 1/2 a sandwich instead though. Or make your own pizzas on whole grain tortills. I use sauce, some lite mozzarella and tons of tasty veggies.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just becareful how much lunch meat, proccessed food or soups you consume. Those tend to have lots of sodium, which makes you retain water.
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Tuna salad, lunch meat in your salad, slim fast shake, lunch meat tacos YUmmy Just use lunch meat as your shell and fill it with goodies. It's so good
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burgers...with cilantro and tomatoes on them- I used Spicy brown mustard and Natures Own White-Wheat bread...

Trust me the ciliantro gives it a nice touch...
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I usally eat a wrap, which is lunch meat cheese and mayo. Some times I will have cottage cheese with pears or apples. I would like to find more choices with less sodium!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I usually make a big pot of soup, and then stick individual servings in those Glad reusable/throw away bowls and leave a couple in the frige to eat during the week and put the rest in the freezer.

I also will take a bunch of chicken breasts and lay them out on a cookie sheet and season them with garlic salt and pepper and bake them. Then I dice it up and put 3 oz servings in baggies and freeze them. Then I will put some out and usually I eat it on a low carb tortilla with broccoli slaw, chow mein noodles, and FF Ranch dressing. Some times I eat them on a salad, or chop them really tiny and add slivered almonds, celery, onion and FF Miracle Whip and make chicken salad and eat it on Melba toast.

We will also eat tuna salad (made with FF dressing) on Melba toast.

Some times we do eat those frozen diners, but beware. Always check the calories and sodium content. Some of those have over 400 calories and an unbelievable amount of sodium.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello

I usually cook salmon and veggies the night before and put it in my lunch bag for next day.
    My co-workers eat popcorn (but I keep floss...lol)
    fruit salad
    Tuna and crackers
    and instead of having a regular salad...make a fun one like Taco salad or something

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH BREAKFAST?
    I usually do yogurt or oatmeal, or egg whites but I'm so bored that I'm starting to skip it. Oh and occasionally cereal
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Usually my lunches are leftovers from dinner.
    Make a little extra and put it in a container/baggy for lunch.

If this doesnt work, try salads.
    If you want sandwiches go for whole grain breads and meat that you roasted/baked/grilled yourself.
    There is a lot less preservatives and added sodium and any other chemicals.
    Plus who doesnt like fresh turkey/chicken sammiches!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hello

I usually cook salmon and veggies the night before and put it in my lunch bag for next day.
    fruit salad
    Tuna and crackers
    and instead of having a regular salad...make a fun one like Taco salad or something

I usually do yogurt or oatmeal, or egg whites but I'm so bored that I'm starting to skip it. Oh and occasionally cereal

Eat the whole egg. The yolk is very good for you. Tons of nutrients. Add some fresh veggies like onions and peppers.
  • releko
    releko Posts: 16
    Options
    I normally have a salad w/ lunch meat. I buy Boar's head lunch meat , usually ham, turkey or chicken breast, which isn't as processed as some others out there. Then I load up on the veggies, cucumbers, tomato, peppers, carrots are my favs. Next I add my starch, either croutons or chick peas. Then I prefer a vinaigrette dressing. They normally have less fat that creamy ones.

Once I get bored of having a salad every day, I have a Campbell's Soup at Hand (normally classic tomato) and 1/2 sandwich with spicy mustard
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Eat the whole egg. The yolk is very good for you. Tons of nutrients. Add some fresh veggies like onions and peppers.
    [/quote]

I don't like the yolk. I use to until I did the fat smash detox and now I won't eat it...lol unless i go to a salad bar and they are all mixed together...I'm so weird...lol
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Boca burger on sara lee heart healthy bread = 210 calories
    With ketchup = 225 calories

:)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese with wheat crackers, baby carrots, and a yogurt.
  • ladybug3
    Options
    Hello

fruit salad
    Tuna and crackers

Try yogurt mixed with cereal.:tongue: I like the Special K Protein plus in mine.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I usually eat a sandwich... turkey, light provolone, lettuce, tomato, on whole wheat