The Dukan Diet

Options
Has anyone done this? Has it been a success for you?

I'm on a bikini body mission for the next 5 weeks - I'm off to the South of France on August 26th! And I'd love to lose about 10-14lbs by then!! I've heard about this diet and wondering if it's worth trying?

Can anyone give me some tips on it and what I should/shouldn't eat?

Thanks!!! xx

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Im interesting in this but even the guy to created the diet said that it is a quick weight loss fad diet and once you stop then you will gain back and possibly more like any other diet.

Id like to give it a go but scared ill undo all the hard work iv put in. Why not just up your diet and exercise regime for the next month and be really strict,
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think the general notion of eating more protein is great and will help you, but generally I wouldn't do any diet with a brand name!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    This is a review in Web-MD, also gives you an idea of what it entails

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/dukan-diet-review
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm on it and love it. Higher protein = feel fuller. Lower carbs = good for ME, not necessarily everyone, as I'm addicted to carbs so it's easier to go without. Plenty low fat dairy, and after a few days veg is added, and thereafter once at goal, reintroduce 'normal' foods. Check my diary/add me if you want an idea. I'm rarely successful this quickly (and I'm still exercising, though less than I used to - don't have to do as much and it IS harder due to carb deficiency: but I've always hated exercise, so yay!).

Anna
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for replying!!

I know what some of you mean about 'fad diets'. I don't think I'd follow it 100% for that reason, but I think doing it say 80% of the time, then the other 20% just eating healthily would be a good balance. What do you all think?

I definitely need to lower my carbs intake anyway, as I find they make me lethargic if I consume too many. So I'm planning to up my protein, lower my carbs.

Fingers crossed it works well!!

Glypta, so do you just eat things like chicken/egg whites for the first few days? Then add in veg? xx
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary. Phase 1 (2-10 days) protein and low fat dairy only. Eggs, seafood, fish, lean meat, fat free milk/yogurts etc. Phase 2 - same as Phase 1 but alternate with protein/veg days, so Mon protein only, Tues, protein and veg, Wed protein only. Do this til goal weight. Oatbran daily though. Then at Phase 3 you begin to introduce carbs back in.

Check my diary if you want :smile:
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Fab, thanku!!! :happy: xx