Wii Sport enough?

Hi

I am not able to join a gym at the moment and have been using my children's Wii sport to burn calories. Is this enough for now? I plan to join a gym as soon a I am able to which should be in a month or so. I am feeling rather stiff and my muscles are feeling the burn. Also my hubby and I are having fun playing Wii for at least an hour every evening. What more can I do from home. Outdoors is not an option as a woman alone outside is not safe. I live in Cape Town South Africa.

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    as long as you're up and moving, it's something.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    As long as you don't expect massive results it's fine. Just keep moving, and for as long as possible.

Maybe you should look at something like TurboFire or TurboJam from Beachbody.com

That will put you on a schedule and those have been proven to get results.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Keeping moving in any way you can will all help burn some calories. The day before yesterday I came off some medication which was slowing me down such a lot I could only manage 5-10 mins on the Wii. Today I did a low impact aerobics dvd for 50 mins - amazing.

You'll get there eventually! Try some dvds for a change or google some exercises as I think there's probably something online.

Just keep going. :smile:

Good Luck

Di
  • chloemeow
    chloemeow Posts: 71
    Buy online or instore some fitness/exercise/dance dvds :) they are always fun, or even just use a piece of rope, and do jump rope with it, lift cartons of milk 50 times, there are many house hold items that can get your heart rate up and to burn the calories :)
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 519 Member
    Hi - I have lost 30 pounds since January, and the majority of my exercise comes from the Wii. I use Wii Fit Plus, and have recently added Wii Zumba, and Gold's Gym Dance Workout for Wii. You need the balance board for the Wii fit Plus, but not for the other 2.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    I have the Leslie Sansone DVD;s and I love them. You can really get a workout with them. They are mostly walking,but there's a lot of other things thrown in. She has the 3 and 5 mile ones. My favorite is the 3 mile workout....
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    As long as you're working out, it doesn't matter where or how. Good for you!

p.s. I love the 3o Day Shred (from Jillian Michaels), I'm on day three and it kicks my butt! (and it's only 20 minutes).
  • 30 day Shred? I've seen it written about on this site but I don't know anuthing about it. I'm in South africa and we're always a few months behnd on the latest trends!