Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)

Options
VqHNM.png

Ok I am trying to start the thread. Lets see if this works.

Replies

• SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not actually the captain of the group but I went ahead and started the thread. Now I'm not sure what we are supposed to do. I'm Stacy and I'm trying to get into my prepregnancy jeans whoot whoot! I do turbo fire but only about 4x/week so I am setting a goal for myself to do it 5x/week then 6. Also trying to "cheat" less. lol
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy Group 6 has a Thread !!!! Az3d6.gif

Thanks stonesmomishot!!!
    You are now the Captain of this group with jacksamjack, I hope your team showup pretty soon.

GROUP 6 Remember the Rules:

4nwCT.png

Good luck in your Journey Moms!!!
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started. I am trying to lose 10 lbs so my clothes will fit once again! I have two darling kids, ages 7 and 9. I was recently diagnosed with Graves disease, an autoimmune thyroid disorder. Once on the medicine, I felt better but also quickly gained 10 lbs! I think my metabolism was high before and now it has slowed significantly so I need to adjust to my new world. I used to use LoseIt but this has a more comprehensive food list and is quicker to use. Looking forward to the group motivation and support! My husband is traveling this morning so I could work out at gym or outside like I normally do, so I downloaded an exercise video and just did it. Better than nothing! If I can leave work early I may go to yoga this evening also.
  • chari2011
    Options
    Kimmie
    Thanks for posting, I see that not many members of this group are not aware that the thread has started already. I will contact them.
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 year old mother of the most wonderful 5 year old on the planet (no bias of course!). I recently went through a divorce and lost a lot of weight because I simply wasn't eating. Now that I have found new happiness, I'm having the worst time controlling my eating. I really want to lose 20-25 pounds, but this seems like such a daunting task. It seems the more I try, the more I sabotage myself. The sabotage has been an issue for years, but guess that's one for the therapist--LOL!! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your group. I appreciate your encouragement and support. Hoping and praying this time I will turn into a hot mom!
  • chari2011
    Options
    Okay Girls,

I contacted everybody in the group, I hope you can all get to know each other soon and let the support start. I know this Journey is freaking hard :grumble: but just remember others who made it, that is an example that this can be done. Let's keep the motivation up and having this group will sure help you Moms, soon to be the Hottest ones :drinker:

I love this Quotes:

Ecwy7.jpg
    Only we are responsible for our success or for our failure. Only we can make this and nobody elase, and only we can stop ourselves.

Now, are we really willing to work hard to reach our goals? I am in!!!!

Let's get this started...

Diet Support Buddies
    SpLmt.gif

Like Suzy, We Can Do This!

1QXKf.png
  • chari2011
    Options
    RoeHd.gif
  • SCPSL05
    SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone in group 6 do turbofire? I did turbo jam before my 2nd child so after she was born I stepped it up to turbofire and love it.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! [well.. ladies :tongue: ]
    I'm Casi. I have a 6 yr old DD that I never completely lost all the weight from, and a 7 week old DS. I have already lost the 20 lbs I gained with him and am now looking to lose another 15 or so to be more happy with my body.
  • jluter925
    jluter925 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    I'm Ja-Ronika I am a mother of an almost 3 year old and I am soo excited to be in this group. Sorry I have been slacking on my posting because I have been inmy biology class this week. :flowerforyou: I have lost my college 35 by doing weight watchers and became a lifetime member. I was a leader for weight watchers for 2 years and stopped when I started teaching. Since starting my teaching 4 years ago my weight has been creeping up. I have been working on getting back to my goal weight. My birthday and a friend's wedding that I'm a bridesmaid in as my motivation right now. I know I can do it but I need to stay focused this time!! I did it on weight watchers and I can do it now :happy:
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Chari for setting us up and woop!! woop!! Here we are!

I am a 42 year old mum of 2 boys - ages 9 and 12. I am a teacher in college and also help out at a weight watchers meeting as a clerk. My weight has been an issue for me all my life - I am the daughter of an overweight mum and food equalled love and rewards for me growing up. I lost a lot of weight using diet pills - then put it all back on, then lost weight following weight watchers - and put it all back on. Between these two "episodes" I have yo-yo'd and followed every diet imaginable... cottage cheese, shakes, fruit & tuna, heart foundation, atkins, cambridge..... on and on an on. For a long time I decided to just ignore my weight and imagine I was happy. I was not. I was (am) too fat, unfit and unhealthy. Enter MFP and I have to say that although I have hit a MAJOR plateau - I have never found an eating / way of life plan to be so enjoyable. This is the final time I plan to diet - I will succeed, even if it takes a while. I am worth it!!! We are worth it!!! Go group 6!!!
  • jacksamjack
    Options
    Thanks to Chari AND STONESMOMISHOT for setting us up and woop!! woop!! Here we are!

I am a 42 year old mum of 2 boys - ages 9 and 12. I am a teacher in college and also help out at a weight watchers meeting as a clerk. My weight has been an issue for me all my life - I am the daughter of an overweight mum and food equalled love and rewards for me growing up. I lost a lot of weight using diet pills - then put it all back on, then lost weight following weight watchers - and put it all back on. Between these two "episodes" I have yo-yo'd and followed every diet imaginable... cottage cheese, shakes, fruit & tuna, heart foundation, atkins, cambridge..... on and on an on. For a long time I decided to just ignore my weight and imagine I was happy. I was not. I was (am) too fat, unfit and unhealthy. Enter MFP and I have to say that although I have hit a MAJOR plateau - I have never found an eating / way of life plan to be so enjoyable. This is the final time I plan to diet - I will succeed, even if it takes a while. I am worth it!!! We are worth it!!! Go group 6!!!
  • jluter925
    Options
    I have not done turbo fire or turbo jam. Is it a DVD? I have P90X but I lost interest in it really quick. I might need to look into that and try it out!
  • Maggie612
    Maggie612 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! My name is Maggie and I am 29 years old. I have a 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter. My goal is to lose 30 pounds to reach my ultimate goal weight of 125. My favorite workout is Turbo Jam and I love walking {though I rarely get a good walk in because the kids slow me down}.

About a year ago I started having stomach issues and wound up gaining back the 20 pounds I worked so hard to lose. I was recently diagnosed with IBS but have trouble accepting that diagnosis most days. When I am having a bad spell, my diet is very limited which makes it hard to make healthy choices. Also, my stomach has a tendency to be very bloated which is very discouraging.

I am excited to have a group of girls to lose weight with. I can really use the support :)
  • jluter925
    Options
    Hi Maggie! We all will do great with the support of each other!!
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ja-Ronica your pic reminds me of a peppy cheerleader :) Maybe it's the hands on the hips? hehe just thought I'd share!! [definitely not a bad thing :tongue: ]
  • jacksamjack
    Options
    Hi guys! What a lovely day it is here in the UK today - sunny, blue skies but only about 18 degrees - not nearly warm enough to take off my jumper!! I am about to start scrubbing my floors - that is my "turbo" for today. Just can't get to grips with DVD's so I have to make the most of my Wii fit, running up and down stairs, riding my bike or walking on the beach! Still - it all counts doesn't it!!

Remember - big things can come in small packages (so do read the calories first!!)

Gail xx
  • jluter925
    Options
    It does look like I am a peppy cheerleader! I did dance in high school so that's maybe where I get it from lol!!
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    are we supposed to be sending someone our weight each week?
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control