Hi everyone!

Options
lynn1982
lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
Hi MFP community! I am a 29 year old grad student in Canada. I joined MFP over a year ago but only began logging and actually using the site last week after losing about 10 pounds in the span of two months by simply changing my eating habits. I have about 50 more pounds to go (or at least 40!), so I decided it was time for a complete lifestyle overhaul.

As I've come to use this site more over the last week, I have found it to be a really useful tool and I'm really excited to continue on here in my journey. I've been lurking on the message boards for a few days now and thought I'd introduce myself. There has been so much useful information posted and I've been really encouraged by how helpful everyone seems. And the success stories are such an inspiration!

Not sure how etiquette works on here, but feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    good for you and success on your journey!!! we are here for you!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I like how you call it a "lifestyle overhaul" because that is exactly what we all are trying to do. Not just change things until we lose the weight but change our lifes forever. Good luck and a friend request is coming your way.
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you on here. Good luck on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
  • MeLisa1044
    MeLisa1044 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just discovered MFP a couple of days ago as well. So far i love it. It has already helped me to loose weight and keep my portions under control in the few days that I have been using it. My problem is that I am like a yo yo. I do so good for so long and then just fall off the wagon and have to start all over again 20 pounds heavier! I love the fact that I can use this program on my phone. And the scanner options makes it even better! Since I have had my son 5 years ago I have lost a total of a hundred pounds but I seem to have a big problem keeping off the last 15. I decided to us MFP and make a promise to my self to stick with it and change my overall lifestyle.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

And MeLisa1044, welcome! I completely understand what you mean about the phone app! That's actually why I started using MFP again. I found that it was the best phone app from the various calorie counters that are out there!