apparently today is national junk food day

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
and we are encouraged NOT to count calories..GREAT..i still will not endulge in junk food, as great as it would be to do. if i chose to, here are some things i would pig out on: a big piece of velveta cheese, oreos, bbq potato chips, a lot of pizza, cake, cookie dough, brownies, the biggest beef and cheddar available, aaannd..i think thats all..how about you

**sorry yall..i was on the phone with someone, so i apologize if my post is kind of choppy:wink:

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies, oreos, tiramisu, pie, and anything else that contains an obscene amount of sugar. BECAUSE SUGAR = LOVE. Q_____Q
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Well I had 30 mins to kill before I could get into work today so I made the wonderful decision to get a Ham egg and cheese croissant from BK. It was yummy and I will worry about burning it off later!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cookie dough, double stuffed oreos
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    These "National Days" of whatever are really starting to chap my hide. Like any of us in the US really need a day to indulge in any MORE crap food than usual. Sheesh.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We're having a sundae bar at work - at least they give us alternatives. There are fruit juice bars for those of us who are health conscious.

BUT! I would pig out on: nachos, string cheese, tacos, pizza. Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream! Chocolate. Full sugar, rot your teeth Coke. Oh how I miss your carbinated goodness!

After that, I'd pig out on Pepto Bismul, because after that, I'd be in the toilet vomiting.
  • corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's also national Ice Cream month! Torture.
  • xxshewolfxx
    Options
    IF - if - I was going to participate (which I won't) I would eat chocolate (in as many forms as possible), ice cream, pizza, thai-chilli-chicken crisps, pringles, haribo and whisky. But I won't.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Isn't this just another regular day for most of America?
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Who invents these days anyway? Would it be Mr McDonalds and Mr King?
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I eat Blue Bunny (sugar free) Turtle Sundae ice cream daily. I don’t get the urge to pig out any more!
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options

That is what I was thinking. I am going to eat regular food today.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    These "National Days" of whatever are really starting to chap my hide. Like any of us in the US really need a day to indulge in any MORE crap food than usual. Sheesh.

I hear ya....I hate the commercial (I think it is BK) where people are vowing to eat bad, saying I WILL take time for dessert. Um, maybe you shoudn't.

If it makes you feel any better, there is a National Walk on your Lunch Break day....not sure when it is though. I love walking on my lunch break, unfortunately it's just been toooo hot this summer, pushing 100 in Michigan is HOT. I just can't stand walking in that heat, in my dress clothes and then coming back to my desk a big sweaty mess.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Who cares if they make a "national" day of something.....lol does not mean you have to do it. Although if they wanted to make days they could make ones that sound a little more fun like National have sex ALL day day or National naked twister and baby oil day
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I think I will have a bag of BBQ chips today. All is good in moderation.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i know, but it's fun to pretend to have stuff those of us who are TRYING to help ourselves, can't cave:tongue:
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Who cares if they make a "national" day of something.....lol does not mean you have to do it. Although if they wanted to make days they could make ones that sound a little more fun like National have sex ALL day day or National naked twister and baby oil day

I hear "They" declared it National jump off a bridge day

... you first
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I want chinese :( I can't have it because I don't have enough money for takeaways until I get paid! I'd have prawn toast with sweet and sour sauce, young chow fried rice, cantonise sweet and sour pork or chicken or cod (the cod is amazingly nice), crispy fried seaweed, bananna fritters, maybe spare ribs, wan tons, heck just send me the whole menu!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

This. Preach on it.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm! Nachos, a large pizza with everything on it, and a 2 liter bottle of ice cold Mountain Dew or a strawberry extra thick milkshake!

Now, back to reality!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I had to google National Junk Food Day....too funny. There is a day for everything now isn't there? But I found this, and it make me laugh

" Junk food may be hazardous to your health. After all, mom knows what's best for you. Do so at your own risk. That risk includes Mom saying: "I told you so!"