Anyone doing the Dukan Diet?

Options
I just started the Dukan Diet yesterday and would like some support and help. The book is too expensive and I got some idea of how to do it from For Women First Magazine. Seems simple enough but the unlimited non-fat yogurt has me baffled. Does it have to be no sugar as well because most of the flavored yogurts I've seen have sugar.
The low carb thing is not new to me. I have noticed that I might be insulin resistant because I just look at a carb and I gain weight. I've been on Atkins for a few months but now I seem to be yo yoing the same 10 pounds and I want to get over this hump. I want to be out of the 220's before my birthday next month.
Is there anyone out there doing this diet? If so add me as a friend and give me some tips. I still need to lose about 64 more pounds!

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    There's a Dukan Diet support thread on here somewhere. Do a search for it.

Best of luck!!
  • katieannd
    katieannd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did the Dukan diet for a few weeks. I lost about 7 lbs, but it wasn't worth it for me....I got really sick and had NO energy. My sister in law has been on it since January though and she has done great! Down nearly 50 lbs. I think the book is definitely worth buying...the websites out there tend to be a little bit more generous with the foods that you are allowed, the book gives a lot more detail. As far as I remember it isn't unlimited fat free dairy, it is a maximum of 2/day. Good luck, I know that for those who can handle it it does work wonders!
  • tbeaner79
    tbeaner79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So...when I first saw this I thought it said "Dunkan Diet" and i was like whoo hooo!!! duncan donuts and coffee??? LOL :bigsmile: