Substitute for Sugar-y, Carbonated Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i've never been a soda drinker (except for the occasional Dr. Pepper!), but I love flavored seltzers, especially Polar brand. There are no artificial sugars, but they are sweet and fizzy and zero calorie.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go through a 12 pack of La Croix every week. It's just carbonated water with natural flavor (lemon, lime, grapefruit, berry, plain). It's something other than plain water all the time.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go through a 12 pack of La Croix every week. It's just carbonated water with natural flavor (lemon, lime, grapefruit, berry, plain). It's something other than plain water all the time.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Is there any sugars in that? Where do you buy that?
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I also went cold turkey from all sodas and just switched to plain water or squash (pink grapefruit and orange are my favourite) i also drink pure fruit juices cause i love them (and tough if anyone tries to convince me they are bad for you!)

i got headaches and i felt pretty awful but now? NOW i feel sick if i even have a sip of one! I full stop can't drink ANYTHING fizzy anymore without feeling horrible
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly but I used to be addicted to sodas as well (still am a little). I'm not a fan of diet soda so I bought a 12 pack of that instead and whenever I had a soda craving, I'd drink one. It tastes SO wrong to me and I was able to slowly wean myself off (simply by not having the soda I actually wanted laying around -- I was getting some of the caffeine and not the calories at least!) I can go a few days without having any caffeine now.

I can't think of a substitute that will make you feel so 'bubbly' (teehee), but maybe seltzer water mixed with a little of your favorite juice? (Get 100% and nothing with high fructose corn syrup!)
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Check out sierra mist. No caffine and sugar no HFCS. It's not as awesome as a coke or pepsi (if that's your flavor)

Agreed on this too -- but it does have natural sugar so if the person is totally trying to avoid sugar, it won't help much. If you just want out of HFCS, Pepsi also does Pepsi Throwback which has no HFCS and just sugar instead. It's got slightly less sugar as well.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options

There isn't any sugar or artificial sugar in it. I used to get it at Target in Oklahoma, but its regional. I'm sure you can find a brand similar where you live. In New England we have Polar.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I live in Georgia and we get it at Kroger, Publix, WalMart, Target or Costco. It's usually in the water aisle. Look for light colored boxes. Grapefruit is especially tasty.
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There is no acceptable substitute, in my opinion!!! I got so bad that I was drinking close to a 2 liter a day of pepsi. I didn't allow myself any beverages other than water for about 2 weeks, and now I don't feel addicted to Pepsi. I had headaches for several days from the lack of caffeine, but I got over it. I would actually take Excedrin Migraine to deal with the headaches because they have caffeine in them. I hope you can find a good way to get away from it, it's a terrible habit.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I am addicted to Pepsi. Plain and simple. What have you substituted your "daily soda" for? Did you go through withdrawals? How long until you didn't crave it anymore? Any and all feedback is welcome.

VITA Coconut water. It's more expensive than Pepsi but I drink 1-2 a day. Not only is it low cal no fat it's good for you since it has all those electrolytes in it :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love mixing tonic or sparkling water with Crystal Lite, chilled white/green tea, or just a squeeze of lemon. Nummies!