So frustrated. :(

Options
So, I'm in like week 4 (I think-maybe 5) and I lost 5 lbs in the first two weeks but can't lose anything now. I'm working out harder than ever-not getting muscle soreness so I'm thinking it's more cardio!? (Biggest loser boot camp and Biggest loser cardio max) alternated with pilates and yoga (so, Mon, Wed, Fri I'm doing the cardio-about 45 mins or so plus floor exercises those days) and Tu, Th and Sa I'm doing Yoga/Pilates. What gives? I'm mostly following the calorie rule. not perfect but with all that exercise and rarely going over on my cals...shouldn't I be losing more?????????
Please. I need encouragement or I feel like giving up. I have 36 lbs to go and it feels interminable if I'm working this hard and not losing.
BTW, I have 4 kids...more exercise time at this point is pretty much out. :( I'd do it otherwise.
TIA

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary will help others give you better feedback. :smile:
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I dropped 10 quick and now am going 1lb at a time. God will give me the strength to carry on. You can do this! Don't give up! Ever!
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    I agree about opening the diary.... I had a hard time opening mine, but I figured what the heck.. I have also been told all my life that multiple smaller meals will help. So as of yesterday I am now trying to get in at least 5 small meals( 6 is what it should be). Do not give up. Increase your water intake.... Keep your head up. We all hit plateaus~ I also have 4 kids so I completely understand! Good luck feel free to add me if you like~
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    are you doing measurements? Sometimes even if you dont see lbs dropping, u notice it in your body in inches or clothes
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    Since your working out so much, you may want to look at your calories. Are you eating backing the extra you get? I know a lot of people don't but I think its very important. Make sure your eating enough and drinking plenty of water. This to shall pass!! Hard work pays off. Keep trying and you will see results!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The first bit you dropped was probably mostly water weight, which is good.. it IS weight that needs to leave. However, how many calories are you getting daily? If you are not eating enough, your body won't let go of fat. 1-2lbs/week is optimal and the most you want to lose of fat at the most. Also, you could be hitting a plateau. If you've been doing the same thing the whole time, your body will adjust.. you need to change something.. add time.. do a different dvd.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    it could be a number of things....

are you eating enough to fuel your body and burn at the same time?
    are you eating too much of the wrong foods?
    are you carrying water weight?
    are your workouts challenging you enough?
    have you tried to mix them up a bit?

have you been to your doctor and told them that you are trying to lose weight and this is how your doing it.....any problems you have they should be able to steer you in the right directly.

DONT GIVE UP!!! the last 30lbs is the hardest...trust me i have that much to lose and its not budging without hardcore exercise. you will get there. keep focused :o)
  • prayforplagues
    Options
    You probably just reached your peak... which can happen. Or you're gaining muscle which adds a little bit of weight to your body but also helps burn the calories. Is your diet leafy greens and fruits and nuts? If youre not eating as well as you should IE eating processed foods, drinking pop, alcoholic beverages, lots of carbs, etc that could be a huge factor. your diet is just as important as exercise, regardless of how many calories you intake.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is really about 95% food intake, 5% exercise - so chances are it has to do with what you are eating, or the amounts. Exercising really won't offset going over on calories or bad food choices - most people vastly overestimate the amount they burn by working out and underestimate what they are consuming. Without seeing your food diary, it's hard to say what the problem is, but more exercise shouldn't be necessary, and wouldn't solve the underlying problem.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks! I will attempt to open my food diary...
    I probly do eat too many carbs. *blushing* so I will work on that--although I've been trying to match my carbs with proteins!?
    Not enough water...
    Yes, I do eat part of my "earned" calories-but try to stay under for my total.
    I do different workouts (I have several to choose from and try to use them in rotation) should I be feeling "sore" to get results??
    I do feel a little bit trimmer (Haven't yet re-measured) but wondering now if it's my imagination b/c I want it to be so.....

I did this so easily when I was under 30....it's not as easy this time around. :( I have orders from my dr if I decide to use it, but wondering if I should have my thyroid checked. The dr suggested I wait til I weaned my son and switched my anti depressants (which I did both before Father's Day weekend) and still....ugh!
    Thanks for the encouragement...it was what I needed.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You're working out more than me!! The exercise is not the means to weightloss, it is the means to healthy heart and muscles. The weightloss is a side effect. Keep working out and track your intake closely, including your vitamins and minerals. The weight should slowly go away.
  • Army_Nurse
    Options
    Hi Cara,
    Relax, all is good. The important thing to remember is that muscle tissue is dense whereas fat tissue is voluminous (occupies large space). For people who have not been exercising for a long time, the best method of measuring progress is not weight, but taping circumferences of specific body parts (i.e. waist, thighs, biceps, hips, calves).

You’ve only been doing this program for a few weeks, so your body is in the middle of a transformation of burning off the excess fat tissue and rebuilding your lean muscle mass. While your body is doing this you are much more likely to see your dress size go down while the scale numbers remain pretty much the same.

Keep up the good work, it will pay off!!!

Shawn
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :)
    Now, I know I screwed up at lunch today. :/ Blah! I took all 4 kids shopping for homeschool curriculum (sale!) and it was my son's turn to choose where we ate...taco cabana. Didn't do horrible, but there's not much you can get there that is low cal. So, today I know I'll be over on my calories...just going to do my best to jump back on and drink more water. Plus, I don't know if there is a choice on the exercise database for shopping with 4 children, but there should be. Especially my 19 month old! Thanks so much for the encouragement....