Halfway there...

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
Since I started on my weight loss journey on March 12 of this year, I have lost 45 pounds. That is an average of 2.4 pounds a week. It has not been easy in lots of ways with family, work, vacation, and the dreaded PLATEAU getting in the way. I am sharing this because I want to encourage each and everyone of you that reads this to stay in the fight. I have not taken one diet pill, starved myself, gone hungry, and I still drink Diet sodas every now and then. I ate like a pig on my cruise(regular sodas, cookies daily, pizza late at night, fried foods, mexican buffet, ice-cream and the list goes on), and did not exercise like I was supposed to. I drink alcohol and I snack way too much. I usually eat my dinner after 9pm and get about 5 hours sleep a night if I am lucky. And no, I do not eat back my exercise calories, and do not really monitor them that much.

The one factor that I attribute my success to is my determination to be healthy. I leave the most georgeous woman I know each morning at 4:30AM to go put time in at the gym. I switch up my routine as needed in order to burn more calories. I log in all my food(well, most of the time) on MFP. I ask others for help when I see someone who can assist me in my quest. I in no way recommend that anyone follow my formula, because this is what works for ME. I challenge each and every one of you to do the same. You have all made a decision to be healthy by logging on here. Stick with it. The PLATEAU will come, but like every mountain, once you get to the top, it is all downhill from there. Enjoy life by eating cookies and ice-cream every now and then, but pay for it in sweat equity. If you did not get in your exercise today, get it tomorrow. If you ate bad today, do better tomorrow. If you have friends at home or on MFP who are judgemental and not supportive, move on to someone who have your best interest at heart(Shout out to Nole and Eunice). Always do what is best for you, and use this site as a guide in that journey, not as an end all, be all.

I love all my MFP friends dearly and I do communicate with some more that others so they know more of me personally. I hope that I will continue to have the support of all of you as I continue down this road to healthy living. I hope you don't mind if I join you on your journey. I close all my letters with this statement I made up long ago and it was the theme of my wedding and I would like to share it with you.

'May your past be A Midsummer's Night Dream, and your future As You Like It"

Blessings Always, E.

Replies

• sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are so very inspiring! I love your attitude - and you are right - we all have to enjoy our lives and indulge sometimes, but as long as you don't dwell on the past and pick yourself back up and keep on climbing that mountain, that equals success:) Thanks for your post!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I love reading your posts; they're so inspirational!! I'm sooo incredibly proud of you and your amazing progress so far! 2.4lbs a week is AWESOME!! I know if anybody deserves success, it's you, because you fight for what you want and you push through challenges with a positive attitude. I'm honored to call you a friend :) So here's to the next half of your journey...we'll get through it! :)
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job! Great journey! I hope it continues well for you. You inspire through your words and actions. Keep up the fight and the focus, it is clear that youu are sucessful in life due to your determination. Thanks for being an MFP friend.

All My Best Wishes For You,
    Ken
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being here!! Congrats to you on your weight loss!!! YAY!! You are sooooo right, we do all have to find what works for us. All of us are different for sure and what works for you may not work for me. You are right about splurges and not totally depriving oneself. For me the battle is splurging less often and to balance them out too.

I am very impressed with you losing and getting right back on your program after a food feast on cruise!! You did something right on cruise because you did not gain.:wink:

Keep up the good work and thanks again for these reminders! You are rocking!:flowerforyou:
  • krisnatm
    krisnatm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great post! I love your quote too. My husband and I met in high school during the play we were both in, A Midsummer's Night Dream :)
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nicely done doc, I'll come back to read more carefully
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That was such an inspirational post I absolutely love your attitude
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Actually, more than that, this is like a breath of fresh air for me this morning-I'm getting off to a late start with my walk. My program is days old so I am trying to establish new good habits and get rid of my old faithful sluggish habits still.
    I love your words. When I sort through all of the day's and moment's thoughts and let them settle, I recall that my main goal is to live a healthier life. It's that simple. However, the challenges to achieve it are,...well, challenging sometime:laugh:

Thank you again and also Congratulations Man!!:flowerforyou: You are awesome!! Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!