I've lost my !@#$%^& mind!

199by2012
199by2012 Posts: 12
edited 3:30AM in Fitness and Exercise
I just ordered P90X. Now, I know I will eventually be able to do it. I am sitting at an embarassing 255 right now and need to know from the P90X people how much I need to lose before I begin this program. Or, did I just waste my money?

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    My Beachbody coach lost 100+ pounds using P90X. It think it took him something like 5 rounds to do it. He modified like heck and couldn't do quite a bit of it when he started. He gradually built up his strength. Honestly, I think it depends on the person's attitude. He's a never quit, keep pushing it until I get it kind of person. If not being able to do alot of it at first is going to discourage you and make you quit, you might want to try something else until you feel comfortable attempting P90X.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    you are fine, and your mind is intact. lol

I also purchased P90X at about 265 (40lbs ago). I tried a couple of workouts and I certainly could not do them without modifying but I was DOING SOMETHING!! I will admit that I am a great customer for them, as I really have not used the DVD's since purchasing them (other than the initial attempts). I think the key to success is finding something that you can commit to, and being at the point where you know you MUST do something.

What has worked for me is a pretty hard core gym in my area. we do lots of varied stuff, mostly geared toward athletic performance, but I am a competitive person and the atmosphere in that gym really inspires and motivates me. My wife is amazing, and she has the motivation to go to the gym at 4:30am every day to do cardio and weights. That would not work for me, and my workouts in a gym with no AC would not work for her. My point is that you need to discover what works for you.

If home workouts fit you well, then P90X is amazing and very challenging. if you cant do the move they are doing, or even the modified version, then do SOMETHING.. jog in place, jumping jacks. walk in circles, anything. just get your butt off the couch every day and play along. I remember that some of the jumping, etc. really hurt my knee so I modified the p90x workout so i was not in pain.
    I think that if you just do it every day, to your level, you will be amazed how quickly you improve.

example: when i started with my trainer I had a hard time doing 10 body weight squats, but last night i was doing one leg squats (bulgarian) with extra weight. I know others in here could to much better, but I feel that is a sign that I have improved and gotten much stronger in those 4 months.

You can do this. the hardest part is the first steps. Do not get down if you cant perform at the level they are on the DVD's, those guys are in great shape and its not fair to you if you try to compare yourself to their level of fitness. I would love it if you added me as a friend, so I can keep track of how you are doing, and bug you if you skip a day :)

best of luck, I know you are going to kick some booty!
    Mike
This discussion has been closed.