little worried

Options
Hello Everyone, I been on MFP for couple of months now and were really doing good then I got really bad pain in my stomach and end up in the ER twice. The doctor's found out I had Gall Stone. I need to have surgery and need to have my gall bladder removed.. I been reading on Gall bladder surgery and it say people gain alot of weight after the surgery . I would like to know if any body has had their gall bladder removed and if they had any side effect. I am little worried about my weight issues. I would really like some feedback. Thanks.

Replies

• myheartinsf1
    Options
    Hey jessy I had mine removed in like 2001..I weigh more now than I did then but I doubt it from gb surgery. I actually recovered fast and it was no big deal for me. The only thIng is I cOuldnt eat certain foods for a while but I think that only lasted a few years.. Mostly iceberg lettuce, ground beef, red meats and any big serving of pizza or casseroles.actually for a while I think I probably lost weight after the gb surgery.
    Other than that it was not a big deal.
    Good luck with it.
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Hey Jessy!
    Sorry I can't help you with the gall bladder stuff- but just to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope you get better soon! It's about time they sorted you out.. Things have been tough for you - but hang in there and you friends will be pleased to see you when you are ready for MFP again.
    God bless xx
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well, I will be honest. You may still get phantom pains- I do, 10 years later.

You will likely have trouble processing fats (they will go right through you). I lost weight if anything due to food intolerance.

I wouldn't worry about weight gain at all. I hope you get some relief soon :smile: