ramen noodles

Options
I love ramen noodles but they have tons of calories i couldnt believe it i had 2 bowls of that stuff last night as my supper and it was 760 calories OMG i couldve had taco bell or something else for that amount !!!! I am sooooo disappointed when i logged it today that is a food i am for sure going to cut back on. Also, i am having marital problems and the stress is making me super hungry HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    yep they are probably the 2nd most worst food for you, packed full of sodium.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Try working out rather than eating, exercise is a awesome stress release.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Swap out the Ramen noodles for Tofu noodles and organic broth. I prefer the angel hair pasta size noodles. They are only 40 calories for a the whole bag!

Feel free to add me for extra support.

~Sharon
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I just don't buy them anymore... But I still want them, just look at my sig :P lol
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i use 2 eat them ALL the time. then i looked at the package last yr & realized that those tiny packages is actually TWO SERVINGS!!! :noway:

from then on out i haven't touched the stuff... i'd do better makin my own version of ramen noodles..
  • laurenlivesfit
    laurenlivesfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from ramen noodles if I were you. Cheap and yummy, but not a healthy choice.
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    We have a couple things in common. I used to eat ramen noodles like crazy. They were good and cheap. But yes the calories are horrible and the salt content isn't good either. I've read that if you don't use the mix it's a little better but still not the best thing to eat so I stopped. The other thing is I'm a stress eater too. That's how I grew up. Whenever I was sick or sad my mom had my dad go out and buy me cookies, candy chips...whatever I wanted. So that is what I was used to. But I'm learning to deal with that and everyone here can help you too. I just tell myself that if I eat candy or whatever because I'm stressed out, will it really change the situation. No. Will it make the problem go away. No. It will only make me feel worse because I know it's not helping my weight. And nothing is worth hurting yourself over!!! If you're upset, talk to a friend or us here on the site. Or go for a walk or do something you enjoy that doesn't pertain to food. If you break the habit it gets easier. Trust me, I know. Good luck! Please feel free to friend me if you like.
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    Cup of Noodles, Ramon Noodles and Mac & Cheese are not your friend. There are other way to have easy dinners. Are you a starving college student or do you not cook?
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Ughh, I'm not a fan of ramen noodles! I guess growing up eating them ALL the time just burned me out on them.

As for the problems and wanting to eat: maybe instead of eating go for a walk/run/bike ride/swim....or whatever your choice of workout is. I've recently went through a break up and I was down for few days (and still have my days) but found it made me feel so much better to get out and do something active, or to workout. It seems to clear my head, and makes me feel much better than sitting around dwelling on bad/negative thoughts. I've often thought about it as turning those bad feelings/agression into 'One Hell of a Workout!'

Hope it gets better for you! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! i love Ramen! What I have started doing is not keeping packaged food in my house. That way, if I am craving a bag of Ramen, or box of Mac and Cheese (with green beans and hot dogs) I have to go out an buy them. Them gives me time to think "is this worth the calories and sodium? Am I just going to be hungry again in an hour?....." It also takes away the convenience. It's more conveniente to steam some veggies and boil some rice than drive to the store. I have to admit, sometimes I do still go for them but at least it is thought out and I am sure to only buy one package (which can be hard when there's a sale.)

I also feel you on the stress eating. I would recommend keeping something healthy on hand, that way you get the action of eating without all the calories (I know, sometimes not nearly as satisfying), also, if you can push yourself to go work out rather than eat that helps. I have found that when I'm stressed, upset, irritated and so on, I want to eat fried food and not workout, but if I drag my butt to the gym or beach or whatever, I feel a million times better afterward. Good luck!
  • eap20mn
    eap20mn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually cook but the food i make (mexican food) is usually loaded in calories too and yesterday ramen noodles seemed like a good idea and very quick but ended up being worse than my cooking :( I really need to start cooking healthy.....
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Swap out the Ramen noodles for Tofu noodles and organic broth. I prefer the angel hair pasta size noodles. They are only 40 calories for a the whole bag!

Feel free to add me for extra support.

~Sharon

I just love the tofu noodles and admit that I have eaten the entire bag, but that's okay, the cal/fat/carb count is so low, my meal barely made a dent in my daily cal log!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my mom brought a bunch of Ramen home and my my sons were killing them. I flipped when I read the label. I taught them how to boil some angel hair pasta, add seasonings from our stash and herbs from our garden. They're also required to chop some peppers and onions to add to the soup. Needless to say, they don't bother with Ramen OR making their own versions of it.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my mom brought a bunch of Ramen home and my my sons were killing them. I flipped when I read the label. I taught them how to boil some angel hair pasta, add seasonings from our stash and herbs from our garden. They're also required to chop some peppers and onions to add to the soup. Needless to say, they don't bother with Ramen OR making their own versions of it.

Number 1, that sounds delicious! Number 2, that is an awesome way to deal with it! I'm going to have to remember that method. I have always said that when i have kids if they don't like what I cook, they are more than welcome to cook their own dinner.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Number 1, that sounds delicious! Number 2, that is an awesome way to deal with it! I'm going to have to remember that method. I have always said that when i have kids if they don't like what I cook, they are more than welcome to cook their own dinner.

EXACTLY!!! which is y at the age of at least 10yr both my kids were able 2 cook simple stuff lol. :laugh:

of course if ithey wanted somethin in particular & it wasn't on the grocery list i had them buy it themself b/c it was just 4 them & not the whole family :laugh:
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options

My mom used to tell my sisters and me that all the time lol.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options

My mom used to tell my sisters and me that all the time lol.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    There are low fat and low calorie Ramen Noodles, but I cannot recall where I got them. They still have a ton of sodium, though.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you might enjoy shirataki yam noodles... Super low in calories and boil them in broth with thinly sliced veggies and they are just as good if not better.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    One thing to say about that kind of noodles: "Instant ramen and cup noodles are very, very bad for you"

If you want noodles, try Soba noodles, or something similar. You cook them from scratch, have better control what goes in with it.