Cardiovascular

franklinb575
franklinb575 Posts: 8
edited 3:31AM in Fitness and Exercise
Can someone explain why logging cardiovascular exercise doesn't reflect calorie burn?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    ???, not sure what you are asking, entering in anything in the database in the cardio section will give you an estimate of calories burned for that activity.
  • kris22011
    kris22011 Posts: 6
    on mine cardiovascular does show burned colories but strength work outs do not burn colories
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    on mine cardiovascular does show burned colories but strength work outs do not burn colories

Hmmmm interesting this , strength training burns no calories, I wonder what the logic is of MFP on this
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Mines the same it shows calories burned for cardio but not for strength training
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    ???? I log 60 min of aerobic - high impact in the cardio section and get 496 extra calories.
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Mines the same it shows calories burned for cardio but not for strength training

It's a bit confusing. Strength training is for tracking the exercise you do. Not for recording calories burned. To get calorie credit for the workout you need to log it ALSO under cardio as "weight training".
This discussion has been closed.