turbo jam

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I'm doing cardio party 2 right now and have never done the first one. I love turbo jam but don't want to get the 1st if the two are much the same. How different are the workouts?

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm doing cardio party 2 right now and have never done the first one. I love turbo jam but don't want to get the 1st if the two are much the same. How different are the workouts?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member

Well... I have all of the TJ videos.
    I am doing TJ Cardio Party 1 tonight. I like it best mainly because sometimes the video focuses more on faces and less on watching the actual moves, which is annoying to me. The routines are different as well as the music, also as you go up the numbers...1, 2, 3 they are supposed to burn more calories (at least from what I've heard).

I like 1 & 2 but HATE 3.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Not that you asked, but I really like TJ's Punch, Kick & Jam. I really didn't like it the first couple times I did it, but once I got the routine down, it is a really good work out.

ChubbyBunny - if you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about #3. I'm looking to buy some new TJ dvds soon & am just wondering what others opinions are. Thanks!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Not that you asked, but I really like TJ's Punch, Kick & Jam. I really didn't like it the first couple times I did it, but once I got the routine down, it is a really good work out.

ChubbyBunny - if you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about #3. I'm looking to buy some new TJ dvds soon & am just wondering what others opinions are. Thanks!

What I dont like...it's not so much the routine as it is the filming. Cameras cutting all over the place, focusing on faces not moves (seriously, if I wanted to check people out I'd go to the gym)...some of the moves also twist me wrong (I've got a bad knee that kills).

That's why I don't like it, but others (a while ago) mentioned it was their favorite. I just like things simple and direct.

One that I LOVE is the Fat Blaster.... it is amazing! Gets a sweat and the heart racing (acording to my HRM too fast), all in 30 minutes. Not bad for my "rush" workout.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Thanks for that! I get annoyed when the focus on the faces, too. I need to see what they're DOING I don't care what they look like! There's a reason I'm doing this in my house. LOL I'll have to check out the fat blaster, one. I love the 20 min. workout but for the winter it isn't going to be enough. I won't be walking outside as much so I need to do more aerobics. :grumble: Thanks again!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Not a prob...also, there are some Beachbody coaches runnin around here somewhere.... they should know a lot more about the products (since officially TJ is affiliated with BB).
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    So do you have the Maximum Results package w/ the weighted gloves? I love that one and I actually love Punch, Kick, & Jam. It's one of my favorites. Cardio party 1 is good also. I think they're all a bit different, but similar in style and fun factor! I am a BB coach, so feel free to contact me if you have any more questions!

Jess
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    The cardio party videos are all similar in function, but the choreography is different... I love them all, they are all fun! CP3 is more difficult, choroegraphy wise, though... so you have to be patient with it at first.

I own all of the TJ videos (and am a coach, too), and I love all of them and am glad to have them all in my library :)