Does Iced Tea Count Towards Water Goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Doug-

I count my tea as water. As for the sugar thing.....2/3 cup DOES seem like a lot BUT if you can fit it into your calories for this sweet treat & it's worth it to you, DO IT! :smile: Maybe later on down the road you'll find your recipe to be too sweet and cut it back, or switch it up with raw sugar, maybe you won't. As long as you are making it work for you that's all that really matters.

I drink fruit juice and I've been no-no'd for this......but it's worth it to me, so I allow myself to have 4-8oz daily. To each their own, ya know?! :bigsmile:

Good luck on your journey!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the quick replies.

I was curious when so many of you commented on 2/3 of a cup of sugar per a gallon of tea being "a lot" of sugar, so I went looking for some recipes to see if I was above or below the curve on that.

I know that I can't stand the Sweet Tea's that we can find in restaurants theses days because they are way too sweet for me. I found that some of the more popular recipes in famous chain restaurants add as much as 1 pound of sugar to 1 gallon of tea. WOW . . . that’s way more than the 2/3 cup that I add.

So I added both foods to my diary to get the comparison:
    32oz of My Tea – Calories: 130, Carbs: 32, Sodium: 10mg
    32oz McDonalds Sweet Tea – Calories: 280, Carbs: 69, Sodium: 25mg

I agree that I should cut back on the sugar and frankly there are plenty of times that I drink it without sugar at all. In particular when ordering it at a restaurant. The sugar simply doesn’t dissolve adequately in the cold beverage (and I try not to use the artificial stuff) so I just forego it altogether. I am acquiring a taste for it that way and hope to cut the sugar out completely at some point.

Again . . . thanks for all the comments.

I was surprised at all the people saying 2/3c was a lot. Where I come from I was looked at as crazy when I used that much. Most of my family uses more than 1 whole cup & I knew one lady that used 2-2.5cups. Anyway, I usually only count water but I don't drink a whole lot else. I think if it weren't sweetened it'd be ok. :smile: