Feeling a bit between a rock and a hard place...

Options
So I'm getting married in 9 days! Woot :) The issue is, my seamstress told me that I can't lose any more weight or my dress will not fit me without alteration (it is a corset waist thankfully). So I've been trying to *maintain* although I don't really want to. I feel bad about eating over my calorie goal when I know I *want* to lose weight. Should I just suck it up and deal with it for 9 days and then hit it again later?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would just maintain for the next 9 days and then try losing again. You don't want your wedding dress to not fit you!

Congrats!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Relax a little. Special day for you is coming soon and when the honeymoon is over you can get back to business. Just enjoy the time in your life and relax a little.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Honestly I would try to wait. You don't want to have a dress issue this close to your wedding. I don't think it's worth the stress that that would bring. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon, then get back to your diet. :)
  • skymichele
    skymichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agree!! Enjoy the moment!!
  • kellymarie619
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. I would maintain. Dresses and alterations are expensive, not to mention an added stress that you don't need on your wedding day. Just keep your motivation for after and resume your hard work. Congratulations on your marriage!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    So I'm getting married in 9 days! Woot :) The issue is, my seamstress told me that I can't lose any more weight or my dress will not fit me without alteration (it is a corset waist thankfully). So I've been trying to *maintain* although I don't really want to. I feel bad about eating over my calorie goal when I know I *want* to lose weight. Should I just suck it up and deal with it for 9 days and then hit it again later?

A girl that is awesome, enjoy your moment and relax. You can restart after the wedding.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options

A girl that is awesome, enjoy your moment and relax. You can restart after the wedding.
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Options
    Definitely try and maintain. It's great practice for when you reach your goal and then have to work on maintaining.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    congrats on your upcoming wedding :) i agree with everyone else, try not to focus on losing again until after the wedding...in fact if i were you i would change my goals to maintenance just so you don't have to see 'over' every day...i got married in april and was in a similar situation...i maintained for the last few weeks and i am so happy i did :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes enjoy the festivities of the next 9 days has to offer, Im sure they will be busy and fun so I would just maintain and not worry about due to the dress and all the other wedding stuff to do anyways, especially since your 15 lbs from your goal you can just wait til you get back from the honeymoon or something and tackle the last bit anyways congrats on the weight youve lost and especially congrats on getting married
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone =) You don't need all the extra stress; enjoy it!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! I agree that it wouldn't hurt you to maintain for a couple of weeks. That's actually helped kick start my weight loss when I've stalled recently. A week at maintenance and then back to the deficit, or just cycling a couple high deficit days then one maintenance day.

Have fun and enjoy the special day!!! :flowerforyou: