Newbie needs motivation

Options
jrnygirl
jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
Am fairly new to site, but not new to weight loss. Have yoyo'd back and forth (20-25lbs) over past few years. Am back up again and need to find the motivation to lose once again. I came close a couple years ago to my goal weight (was about 8lbs away) then life got the better of me and nom nom nom, I lost the momentum and gained the weight back.

I have two good friends on here now, but would like a few more to help motivate, offer suggestions, tell their stories, etc.... So please feel free to friend me or reply....

Replies

• solsista
    solsista Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey I'm new too and I NEED to lose 50 pounds. I really would appreciate motivation from others!!!!
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    friends and accountability partners are definitely the key! and being honest with your food diary and exercise logs. log everything... and it will get to where it's at the top of your mind all the time! i suggest GREAT friends who have paid their dues like a few of mine... feel free to ask my friends for friendship and motivation!
  • KatieJoDunlap
    KatieJoDunlap Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for about 6 months. I have lost 70lbs. I learn something new everday on this journey. I love this site it is wonderful motivation. Best thing you can do is remind yourself A LL THE TIME! You can do this! You are worth it! Whatever your reason for wanting to be fit. Also find friends on here. They help. Feel free to add me Both of the ^^^ newbies :)
  • deboney
    deboney Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm new too! I've only been here for about 2 weeks. I think this is a great website, and I'm so grateful for my co-worker for sharing it with me. I truly beleive that we can have success in numbers. I also have about 50 lbs. to lose. I know it's going to be a long journey but it doesn't have to be a lonely one!
    Feel free to friend me!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see you active here! WTG!!! :flowerforyou:
  • twink44
    twink44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know its the hardest thing - this crazy mixed up relationship with food, but you deserve to feel wonderful! Keep up the challenge to yourself. As I strolled to the parking lot this afternoon pushing my grocery cart full of healthy good food. I remembered what it felt like to walk without the weight. Focus on you!
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here a few months and have lost about 25 pounds. Be honest with your logging even if you totally blow it. Start exercising slowly and before you know it you will craving it!
    Friends help so much! I feel that has helped me stick with MFP. I know it works.
    I'll send you a friend request.
    Again, welcome!
    TripMom