I'm trying to get serious!

Options
eheld1
eheld1 Posts: 5 Member
I'm not exactly new to My Fitness Pal, but I've decided to stop lurking.

I've been working out now since January and have been somewhat watching what I eat and trying to keep calories, and I've been working out 3-5 times a week. Nothing has really changed. I fluctuate 9 pounds here and there, but never any huge change.

It's been so great seeing my boyfriend losing weight (over 40lbs!!!) and after our recent vacation (full of wonderful picture taking opportunities) I've decided that I'm not where I want to be and to stop kidding myself that I'm the weight I'm supposed to be.

So here I am, out of the shadows ready to give My Fitness Pal and my weight a REAL go. I'm going to start using the forums and religiously log my food for bad or worse.

Please friend me if you also need motivation. Or have decided to actually TRY this time around rather then just wait to see results.

Thanks for stopping by!

I'll be here for quit awhile hopefully!

Starting weight: 192
Current weight: 189.5
Goal weight: 160's

Started NEW routine: 7/18/11
Day's into the NEW routine: 4 days

-Ellen

Replies

• denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen- I am right were you are! I've successfully lost weight here before and have slowly gained it all back. Here I am back up to the 190's and I need to start taking serious action! Let's do this together!
  • syreetahasting
    Options
    I was in your same shoes for awhile there untill I saw pics of myself also...my husband lost 61lbs doing a biggest looser thing at work & won watching him do it I know I can...Feel free to add me
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I having be lurking as well I usually just do the app for the phone but I am tired of this weight and I am starting with the boards. I know what you are talking about. :smile:
    Add me as well.
  • eheld1
    Options
    Let's do it! It's attainable, I know it is, because it's happened before.

I just need to figure out how to do it with my new life schedule!!!

What have you been doing?
  • laurah117
    laurah117 Posts: 7
    Options
    But lurking is so much fun:)

My boyfriend has also lost weight...30 pounds in the last 2 months which makes my 6 pounds look kinda insignificant:( I also need to get serious!!
  • eheld1
    Options
    I'm so proud of him for losing 40+ lbs in 5 months. But It makes me feel like I need to get on the bandwagon. We workout TOGETHER and eat most of the time TOGETHER. We really only differ during work and on weekends.

He also has a lot more dedication to things.

I'm really trying to make this work this time. I'll help you if you help me!
  • KatJPW
    KatJPW Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm totally new to this site but I am hoping it motivates me! I've lost weight then it put back on for years so, like you, I am hoping to get serious this time, and lose it and keep it off!

Hopefully having people to talk to on here will motivate us as we are all in the same boat!

Good Luck! Kat x
  • laurah117
    laurah117 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am also proud of my boyfriend but a little down on myself. My boyfriend is very supportive. We play tennis together and often go for a walk in the evening. I just need to buckle down with my diet!!
  • DelainaB
    DelainaB Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm totally in the same boat. I've been doing MFP for a while. Lost weight...leveled out....then fell off the mfp wagon, back on the mfp wagon, off, on, off, on....The person I started with has lost 40#s, and I'm so happy for her, but I want to lose to! :) This time I'm on for good and for the first time trying to use the community boards. I think maybe a We can do this approach is better for me than an I can do this approach. :) Feel free to friend. The More support the better right!?!