exhausted and stressed out

Options
I am waiting for an operation to remove a tumour from my head. I was due to be in hospital on Monday July 18th. My operation was postponed because the surgeon was called away on urgent personal business. In fact all of his operations were cancelled for this week. I have a new date...w/b sept 26th, so that is ok; at least I know where I'm heading!

In the meantime, my partner and I are exhausted and too tired to do anthing but just sit....so far, we have not given in to the urge to eat our way into oblivion....but we have no real motivation to do much at all.

My condition means walking is a problem...I use two sticks to get about....walking, I look like a drunken woman; in fact some people have asked me if I am drunk!! Jane, my partner, does not like to leave me for long; she is anxious about me falling over....I'm covered in bruises from where I fall down.

My partner works from home; she is self employed, but this week has no work to do as she cleared her diary so she could be with me at the hospital. So we are at home, sadly, exhaustedly sitting.....

I am hoping you good people out there might have a few suggestions to help us both in these rather trying times....