FYI - You can eat cheese...

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
FYI to all the people saying they can't eat cheese.

I found that Sargento Baby Swiss only has 70 calories/ 35mg of sodium/ 5g of fat per slice.

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I also eat the Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. It's really soft - like a dip - so I spread it on low-fat Ritz Crackers. Only 35 calories for the cheese...
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. No way I'm giving it up.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i eat cheese, almost every day *S*
    and i rarely look for low fat cheeses... (they usually just have more salt to make up for the lower fat anyway and sodium is more important to me than fat)

i refuse to deny myself something i love (cheese) and figure if i am only going to have a little of it each day, it WILL be excellent cheese *L*

btw... for those searching for low salt cheese?.... Tre Stelle Bocconcini (fresh mozzarella) has NO sodium! yay!!!
  • eeeekie
    Options
    I find a lot of people refuse to eat cheese because it's either high in sodium or high in calories. I personally find the wedges high in sodium. I stopped eating them awhile back. I'd rather have a higher calorie cheese/lower sodium
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    My nurse (who's watching my weight) said you should have 1 matchbox sized piece of cheese a week...and to think i used to go through a whole block in a week...

Still haven't given it up, but it made me think I was going a bit overboard...
  • eeeekie
    Options
    i eat cheese, almost every day *S*
    and i rarely look for low fat cheeses... (they usually just have more salt to make up for the lower fat anyway and sodium is more important to me than fat)

i refuse to deny myself something i love (cheese) and figure if i am only going to have a little of it each day, it WILL be excellent cheese *L*

btw... for those searching for low salt cheese?.... Tre Stelle Bocconcini (fresh mozzarella) has NO sodium! yay!!!

I feel the same way
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love cheese...POINT BLANK.

There are all sorts of other things I can take out of my diet rather than cheese....So I have every intension to keep eating it.

A day without cheese is like a day without air :wink: :laugh: :love:
  • ashleymgagnon
    Options
    I eat reduced fat string cheese... it's just enough.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I also eat the Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. It's really soft - like a dip - so I spread it on low-fat Ritz Crackers. Only 35 calories for the cheese...
    I've heard about that! I hear it's delicious!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My nurse (who's watching my weight) said you should have 1 matchbox sized piece of cheese a week...and to think i used to go through a whole block in a week...

Still haven't given it up, but it made me think I was going a bit overboard...

I'm not kidding. I regularly eat a half a block (4-6 oz) in a sitting. I probably eat about 24 oz of cheese or more a week. Freaking Wisconsin cheese is running through my veins. No wonder I'm fat.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I love cheese...POINT BLANK.

There are all sorts of other things I can take out of my diet rather than cheese....So I have every intension to keep eating it.

A day without cheese is like a day without air :wink: :laugh: :love:

That is how I am too! I would rather not eat something than not be able to eat cheese! That would be tragic :sad:
  • codyraye
    codyraye Posts: 13
    Options
    Yeah, cheese is one thing I won't be giving up. I just eat lots less of it. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I never heard anyone say you cant have cheese. I eat cream cheese, cottage cheese, parmigiano cheese, cheddar cheese, laughing cow cheese, I love those cheese sticks only 60 calories. I just watch my fat and calories. I dont eat a lot of cheese but i am not giving it up.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese a lot every single day. I'm doing just fine with my weight loss. :)
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing: that isn't cheese to me. I am a cheese snob, a cheese foodie, if you will. I LOVE gourmet cheese. I feel like laughing cow cheese and other low fat varieties have the tastiness level of Kraft cheese singles. So when you claim "you can have cheese" and then describe that- lies! lies! I say! I cannot have my extra sharp welsh cheddar, nor my creamy bleu cheese with just a hint of sweetness.

This is my cheese rant, for true cheese lovers everywhere. Also, I still eat cheese- but in lower amounts.
  • hellhammer
    hellhammer Posts: 45
    Options
    your body eliminate fat quite easily, cheese is fat, your body cant eliminate sugar unless you burn it , if not it stores it into fat.

your real ennemy is sugar , not fat.
  • midnight_star005
    Options
    I love laughing cow cheese spread, I use it in place of mayo on veggie burgers!
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love goat cheese, feta, and brie! Getting hungry just thinking about it!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing: that isn't cheese to me. I am a cheese snob, a cheese foodie, if you will. I LOVE gourmet cheese. I feel like laughing cow cheese and other low fat varieties have the tastiness level of Kraft cheese singles. So when you claim "you can have cheese" and then describe that- lies! lies! I say! I cannot have my extra sharp welsh cheddar, nor my creamy bleu cheese with just a hint of sweetness.

This is my cheese rant, for true cheese lovers everywhere. Also, I still eat cheese- but in lower amounts.

I eat all cheese...High quality and Low quality...I...Love...It...All...
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. No way I'm giving it up.

This!