What does it feel like?

I haven't been able to wear anything under a size 12 since I was in grade school, heck even an 18 has been evasive for over 10 years. I have never been able to buy clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch or Gap. Most of the clothes they make for big women either look like curtains or Moo-moos. I just want to know what it feels like to be able to walk into Hollister and see something I can fit into other than a hat. :) I have a long way to go to be able buy "normal" sizes, but I can't wait to donate all of my plus size clothes to Goodwill!

So how wonderful does it feel when you can actually find clothes that fit at stores that you were never able to shop in before?

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Amazing. I was barely in the biggest size at Hollister (11) and now I'm in a 7. It's a fantstic feeling. Good look going forward - you can do it!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    it feels like christmas morning every single time i walk into those shops now, and try on clothes that are, sometimes, too big!!!...
    (size 10 guess and calvin klein jeans now fit me!.. i almost fainted when i discovered that last week!)

i have never ever worn anything smaller than a 14 (and most years i was 18/20 and larger... up to 24 at times) ever since i was 13!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Overwhelming, Joyous........I could go on.

It was so nice knowing I could shop anywhere. At first I still found myself heading towards the plus size. I felt like people were starring at me because I belonged in the plus section.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Fantastic... and suprising, haha. When I lost the weight before, I had gone into Express for a new pair of jeans and grabbed 3 sizes of the same pants.. an 8, 10 and 12. I thought I was still a 12 but I wanted to try to fit in a 10 and just wanted to try the 8 to see how far I had to go to fit into them, see if they would even go over my bum! Size 10 was too big... size 8 fit perfectly. I proudly handed the other two back to the clerk :)
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    It is AMAZING. I am sitting here typing this wearing my A&F shirt and jeans .. something I couldn't do not that long ago!

The only downside is that I find myself being a clothes "*kitten*" now .. if there is a store I don't have something from, I have to go in and buy some piece of clothing ..... just because I can!!

Good luck .. your patience will be rewarded!