HELP PLEASE

Options
I am waiting for an operation to remove a tumour from my head. I was due to be in hospital on Monday July 18th. My operation was postponed because the surgeon was called away on urgent personal business. In fact all of his operations were cancelled for this week. I have a new date...w/b sept 26th, so that is ok; at least I know where I'm heading!

In the meantime, my partner and I are exhausted and too tired to do anthing but just sit....so far, we have not given in to the urge to eat our way into oblivion....but we have no real motivation to do much at all.

My condition means walking is a problem...I use two sticks to get about....walking, I look like a drunken woman; in fact some people have asked me if I am drunk!! Jane, my partner, does not like to leave me for long; she is anxious about me falling over....I'm covered in bruises from where I fall down.

My partner works from home; she is self employed, but this week has no work to do as she cleared her diary so she could be with me at the hospital. So we are at home, sadly, exhaustedly sitting.....

I am hoping you good people out there might have a few suggestions to help us both in these rather trying times....

Replies

• kittylrogers
    Options
    I pray that your operation goes well.
  • Michi63
    Michi63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have a lot going on! Maybe you and Jane, after dealing with all the stress and anxious anticipation, just need a moment to sit, read, watch movies, eat a good meal and breath. Lie in the sun, sit on the beach, play in the pool, go for a ride at sunset, invite friends over for a potluck or BBQ. Just enjoy the down time and allow yourselves a moment of total relaxation!

Pool is always good if you want to exercise, have some fun and relax! :smooched:
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My father had a tumor removed from his brain last year. The operation lasted 8 hours. He did not feel anything. Went home 48 hours later and never felt better. What is important is that he is outstanding physical shape. So, before you do unhealthy things, remember thatyou are going into a battle, so your forces need to be strong.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Wow, you have a lot going on! Maybe you and Jane, after dealing with all the stress and anxious anticipation, just need a moment to sit, read, watch movies, eat a good meal and breath. Lie in the sun, sit on the beach, play in the pool, go for a ride at sunset, invite friends over for a potluck or BBQ. Just enjoy the down time and allow yourselves a moment of total relaxation!

Pool is always good if you want to exercise, have some fun and relax! :smooched:

This! ;-) Also I pray all goes well. Sounds like you have a wonferful supporting partner too.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options

This! ;-) Also I pray all goes well. Sounds like you have a wonferful supporting partner too.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Prayer, and meditating in God's word.
  • PamalaJoy
    PamalaJoy Posts: 8
    Options
    If you like to read: Get two books (preferably your favorite and Jane's favorite) Take turns opening them randomly and reading one line. (My friend in school and I did this with Sherlock Holmes and Gone with the Wind. We laughed so hard, we about wet ourselves!)
    Work on a pretty puzzle.
    If you have a public pool nearby or some water, sit and relax in it. (Hose and sprinkler to sit under?)
    Rent a bunch of favorite movies to watch together (or favorite genres and see some movies you've never seen before!)
    You could have a bowl of cherries or oranges instead of popcorn (or try natural popcorn which is actually really good for you)
    Go to the mall, get a cold diet drink, sit and people watch in the air conditioning.
    Go online and dream! Look at houses, decorating, colors, places to visit. Take a virtual vacation to your dream vacation!
    Organize your pictures and make a new collage of your life together.
    And visit here!
    Hope this helps and hope your time waiting goes quickly! Blessings to you!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hugs and prayers to you and yours. I read when stress is overwhelming.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Lot's of very good advice here, and many that I thought of immediately...........

I might add, if you are not on Facebook, maybe it's time to reconnect with family & friends. My husband has several Support Groups on FaceBook as well. Plus, they have some cool games to play.

My hubby has CRPS/RSD so we spend a lot of time in the house together. I work in a school and am off over the summer.

Scrapbooking is a wonderful way to keep memories, both old & new.

Are there any exercise that you can do? What about slow stretching?

Create a recipe Book together. Think of some childhood recipes that mom used to make.

Paint your nails.

Having friends over would really help.

I pray that you have the energy to make the best of the time together. And the wisdom to know a better life is soon to be.

(((huggs)))

Trusting in God & Praying is what keeps me going.
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!

I really appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my call for help!

You are right about my partner...no-one could be more supportive than Jane....

We will look at this time we have togehter as a gift and do at least some of the wonderful things you have suggested.....

THANKS again!:heart:
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you! Good thing you are not alone in this. Everyone gave good suggestions, so yeah, definitely try to use it as a time to relax and refresh, enjoy nature and spend some time with friends. Take care!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that....enjoy each other...
  • jetbutterfly
    Options

thumbs up to this