Losing Weight to Join the Military?

Options
is any1 losin weight 2 join the military? i'm tryin 2 & i need 2 lose at least 20lbs b4 my bday or i won't b able 2 sign up :sad:

so i've put myself on a 2.5month workout regime. started yesterday & doin good so far. i've been drinkin water up-2-wazoo (i told myself i can't drink anythin but water 4 the next 3months :grumble: )

so i was wonderin if i was the only person that was tryin 2 do this. any takers? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    MEEE!!!!! I am getting down to 115/120
  • Danelectro83
    Options
    Well, ive been in that same spot. Back in 2007 i had to lose 30 lb's befor joining. i only ate baked chicken and alot of vegitables. if i wanted somthing other then water i drank greapfruit juice. i did the carnation instent breakfests then ran a mile, would do pushups and situps threw out the day, 20 reps about 20-30 times threw out the day. after lunch i would run another mile. then dinner was just chicken and vegies. after 2 months of this i had lost 20 lb's. i was able to lose the rest in bootcamp. started at 228, joined at 208 and left boot camp at 183.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @wowifey: YAY! glad i'm not the only 1!! :laugh: i'm soooo hopin that i can do this. when u tryin 2 get in by?

@danelectro83: WOW!! that's awesome!! u've definitely encouraged me that i can do this yeah :tongue:

i'mma hafta add more veggies 2 my diet. i'm also slowly takin out the high carb food by eatin them first. then that way i only have low carbs left. i already have the veggies i just need a better meal plan. i'm gonna do that this wknd b/c i don't have time 2 do it durin the wk.

i also cook my foods 4 the whole wk durin the wknd also so that way it's a no brainer 4 the rest of the wk. i know i need 2 work on my pushups b/c they SUCK!!! lol. so i think i'll b doing pushups throught the day at my desk. since i believe that even us females have 2 do the male version of them. i know i need 2 do at least 15 in 1min to get a passin score on them...:grumble:
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    @wowifey: haha. just read ur profile. :embarassed: it answered my question
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals. One of my proudest achievements was making it through Army boot camp many years ago.
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    thanks from both me & wowifey tizidon!!

i'm actually not worried abt losin the weight altho i literally have only a month or 2 to lose it. i'm worried abt passin the apft. i need 2 do at least 9pushups 2 pass basic. & they suck. i got everythin else :happy: